Abuelo’s Papas con Chile

Abuelos Papas con Chile
Papas con Chile from MommyTravels.net

Hi Pinners! I am so happy you’ve found my site. You are going to LOVE these Tex-Mex mashed potatoes of commonly known as Abuelo’s papas con chile. I’ve had a lot of you ask if I cook the peppers. No, I chop them up and just thrown them in. The potatoes are so hot that they will soften without being cooked. If you would like to find me on Pinterest you can here Meagan Shamy and if you enjoy Tex-Mex cuisine check out my round up of 14 Tex-Mex Recipes Appetizers Main Dishes Side Dishes Desserts.

I love the papas con chile at Abuelo’s and was beyond excited when I found this recipe last week on the Abuelo’s facebook page! Now if they would open a restaurant up here in Oregon!

I cut this recipe in half and it made a ton.  Papas are Tex-Mex mash potatoes and they make the perfect side dish for

Abuelo’s Papas con Chile™

Ingredients
3 lbs. red potatoes
3 oz cream cheese – cut into 2″ squares
½ cup heavy cream
10 oz Velveeta – cut into 2 ” squares
½ TBS salt
¾ tsp granulated garlic
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup diced red bell peppers
½ cup diced green bell peppers
2 cans chopped green chiles
½ cup chopped green onion tops
2 TBS of finely chopped jalapeño – seeds removed

Directions
1.Wash and scrub potatoes until clean
2.Place potatoes in a pot covered with water and boil until soft.
3.Drain potatoes
4.Add the rest of ingredients and mash. Be sure all ingredients are incorporated well.

Abuelos Papas con Chile from MommyTravels.net

Don’t forget about dessert!

Related Posts

20 Responses to “Abuelo’s Papas con Chile”

1. Anonymous

Yeah Recipe!! These potatoes were sooo good Victor loved them and all of your dinner!! Thanks for having us over. I’m going to make these potatoes next week and some fajitas! S.

2. Meagan

I’m so glad he liked them!

3. Jane

Those papas look better than the ones they serve at the restaurant! Must try the recipe. Thanks for sharing!!!

4. Anonymous

My son told me one time while we were eating at Abuelo’s, “Mom, you should learn how to make these!” Now I can. Thanks for sharing!

5. Anonymous

OMG! I have been trying to copy cat these for YEARS! I had no idea they had a facebook, much less gave out their recipes! Thanks for sharing.

• Meagan

I know, I could believe they gave out their recipes either. We don’t live near an Abuelo’s anymore, so it’s awesome to be able to make some of their food.

6. Neisha

thanks for sharing the recipe…..we LOVE these!

7. Anonymous

OMG….unbelievably good. Thanks for sharing!

8. jenni

Squeeeeeeeeeeeling with joy. Joy!

9. Anonymous

So how long do you put them in the oven for?

10. Anonymous

Never been to Abuelo’s, but lovin’ these potatoes! Didn’t have jalapenos at home, so threw in a couple dashes of cayenne and they taste yummy! Very addicting. Can’t wait for my husband to try.

11. Arizona

Delicious! Absolutely fantastic!

12. Dana

Thank you for this recipe. I have made it a few times, and it’s show-stopper!

13. Cat

I’ve never had these before so i don’t have a reference point although they look delicious. I’m wondering if these are served immediately after mashing or if they’re baked for a while to soften the peppers?

14. Anonymous

What did you serve with them?

15. venues in hollywood

Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity for your publish is just excellent and i could think you’re a professional in this subject. Well together with your permission allow me to snatch your feed to keep up to date with coming near near post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please keep up the rewarding work.

16. Anonymous

Love these potatoes! always order them with their Chile Rellenos. Yum!

17. Just a guy

I made these and as advertised were spot on, however I did finely mince the vegetables and they did not soften enough for my taste. If you like a little crunch your good to go. The next time I will precook the vegetables just a little before putting them in the potatoes. Overall great recipe, my wife won’t eat most of the ingredients solo but she loved them!

CommentLuv badge

Meet Mommy Travels

Hello! I'm Meagan Wristen a travel writer living in Portland, Oregon. I'm a momma of 3 who loves creating memories with each of them one trip at a time. My hope is to invigorate others to do the same with their children. ...................................................... ¡Hola! Soy Meagan Wristen freelance de viajes escritor que vive en Portland, Oregon. Soy una mamá de 3 que le encanta crear recuerdos con cada uno de ellos un viaje a la vez. Mi esperanza es vigorizar a otros a hacer lo mismo con sus hijos.