10 Family Friendly activities in Seattle, Washington

Space Needle
Space Needle

Seattle, Washington is a great place to travel with kids. We had a truly wonderful time in Seattle.We stayed near the water and new art park at Homewood suites. It is part of the Hilton brand. Our room was huge and it was a suite. The only downside that we were on the side of the building that was close to a night club that stayed open really late and we could hear it. To minimize our costs we got a City Pass and they had a 10% military discount.  Every where we went in Seattle seemed to offer a military discount.

Space Needle– The entire area around the space needle is fun. We of course went up to the top. The view was beautiful even though it was cloudy.  The Space Needle has a military discount and we accepts City Pass.

Seattle Aquarium – I like this aquarium a lot. It is small but they utilize their space well. We have been several times, but have not been lucky enough to catch the salmon going through the ladder.

Woodlawn Park Zoo – This zoo is a must. Zoos in the Pacific northwest are a must. Unlike most zoos in our country, the ones in the northwest are in a league of their own. They are incredibly sprawled out and you will be doing a lot of walking. It is worth the walk, because the zoo is beautiful and they have tons of animals.

Pacific Science Center – We had a great time here. There were loads of activities for our children to do even though they were small when we went. There are all kinds of different areas including dinosaurs and butterflies.

Childrens musuem – We have yet to go here but I know that it is near the Space Needle and I have heard good things about it.

Argosy Cruises – Seattle Harbor Tour – This is an activity that we would not have normally done, but since it was included in our city pass we couldn’t pass it up. It was not a very long harbor cruise but it was relaxing and we got some amazing pictures and heard all about the city.

The Museum of Flight – By far the best airplane museum I’ve been to. Depending on how much your family members enjoy planes is how much time you need to plan for this museum. My husband is a pilot and we were there all day. It is a large museum that has an extensive collection of planes. They utilize their space well and it takes a lot of time to see everything. Their restaurant was excellent.

Experience Music Project – Okay, I am not real into music so I was not very impressed with this museum. They could do so much with it, but haven’t. My husband however loves music and was also not super impressed. You can get a combined pass that lets you into the Experience Music Project and the Science Fiction Museum.

Science Fiction Museum – Random! This is a weird museum but it is included in your Experience Music Project admission. I actually liked it better then the music museum, but it is really an odd museum.

Pike’s Place Market – There is nothing more iconic about Seattle then Pike’s Place Market. There you can watch the guys throw fish and visit the 1st Starbucks! You can shop for almost anything at Pike’s Place Market. I still have some dried flowers I bought there 6 years ago. Plan to eat here for at least one meal. We always have to hit Sister’s Cafe, they make the best sandwiches!

Seattle_125x125

Related Posts

13 Responses to “10 Family Friendly activities in Seattle, Washington”

1. Sugar

Going to bookmark this, hoping to hit Seattle this year with the family. THANKS!

2. Nasreen Stump

We’ve visited Seattle a bunch and also got the City Pass. The Children’s Museum was awesome. I’m glad you had a good experience at the zoo. Unfortunately for us it was a miss- most of the animals were asleep, hiding or looked miserable so it was a little depressing.

• Meagan Shamy

I think we are a little spoiled with the Oregon zoo, but I still thought Seattle’s was pretty good. We must have hit it at a good time.

3. Elena Sonnino

I have never been to Seattle but definitely would love to go. Also– That picture of the space needle with the clouds is stunning!

4. Z. Kelly Queijo

Fabulous list! Most of these places are perfect for teens to visit after visiting many fine colleges in Seattle! Love the idea of getting a City Pass (esp if you’re going to make full weekend out of you college visit)!

5. Kristin

I’ve always wanted to visit Seattle and the idea of the Science Fiction museum is a huge plus. Thanks for sharing these tips.

6. Lori Lavender Luz

I am hoping to head to the PacNW this year, so this post will be helpful. Sounds like Seattle treated you well!

Thanks for participating in Perfect Moment Monday. I hope you enjoy visiting the posts of the others! I know they’ll enjoy this one.

7. Jodi

I love Seattle. I used to live there, but haven’t been back in 15 years. I’d love to take my kids – thanks for the list of kid-friendly things to do!

8. Tonya (The Traveling Praters)

We loved out visit to Seattle! One of our favorite spots was Pike’s Place Market. We loved the fish guys! We also loved all the activity outside the market. My daughter enjoyed getting her picture taken with a tin man guy that had real crows perched on his shoulder. It was so fun. I’d love to return to Seattle. Great memories! Thanks for linking up to the Best of the USA blog hop! I’m glad to have had the opportunity to stop by and find your site! :)

9. Shelley

These are some great ideas for family friendly activities in Seattle. I was aware of a few of them, however I had never even considered some of them. Thanks for sharing!

10. Renée B.

We love visiting Seattle, and this is a great list, Meagan! We are a musical family, and one of our must-go places is Dusty Strings in the Fremont neighborhood. Something there for everyone. ♫ ♪ ♫