Have you done anything lately to reduce your carbon footprint?
We’ve been back in Oregon for over a year and like any true Oregonian would, I decided to try and reduce our home’s carbon footprint. I decided this because of our rising utility bills, it’s the right thing to do, and it didn’t hurt that P& G and SheSpeaks ask me to participate in they’re sponsored #EverydayEffect campaign.
Save Money on your Utility Bills
So far our electric bill has dropped $60! Here are some of the things we’ve been doing.
- Turning off the lights in rooms we are not in.
- Unplugging the coffee pot when it is not in use
Our gas bill has dropped $80
- Wearing warmer clothes instead of turning up the temperature in the house.
- Turning our fireplace off and shutting off the gas valve
- Replacing our old thermostat for a new efficient one
Win a Washing Machine
enter the P&G #EverydayEffect Pinterest Giveaway by filling out the form here: on.fb.me/ZMyucH