Andina: Peruvian Cuisine in Portland, Oregon

Piso sour at AndinaAndina is a popular Peruvian restaurant in downtown Portland in the Pearl district. The multi-level restaurant was awesome. It had a neat atmosphere.
While we waited for a table we watched the craziness of the open kitchen cranking out food as fast as they could. We only had to wait 15 minutes for a table on a Saturday night, which for Portland is amazing.
The meal started off with bread and three dipping sauces a jalapeño  sauce, passion fruit sauce, and some sort of peanut sauce. All the sauces were tasty.
 Andina Restaurant Portland, Oregon

Next, we shared a small salad which was plenty for two. The salad is one of their small plates that can come in small, medium, or large. All their Peruvian tapas can be ordered that way. Although there were lots of tapas on the menu the salad was the  only one we tried.

Andina Restaurant Portland, Oregon
Instead of tapas we ordered from their entrees menu. This one is the lamb entree. It was a huge portion.
Andina Restaurant Portland, Oregon
The salmon was phenomenal, my daughter loved it. salmon at Andina
I ordered one of the specials flank steak with chimichurri sauce. It was a wonderful meal! I do not know what to call the vegetable rice stack, but it was so good.
Andina Restaurant Portland, Oregonrabbit at Andina
These next plate was some sautéed veggies with an empanada.
Andina
We finished the meal off with dessert. We had the flan which was good, but thicker then flan I’ve had before. Andina had a bunch of unusual sorbets on their menu we had some sort of raspberry hazelnut sorbet.
Andina Restaurant Portland, OregonWe also had a pecan macaroon that was amazing. pecan macaroon at Andina
Andina on Urbanspoon

Related Posts

14 Responses to “Andina: Peruvian Cuisine in Portland, Oregon”

1. Amy

We have not been there in years. I think it’s time to head back, everything looks great!

2. Momfever

That bread looks really yummy! I love bread with some herbal butter. I can feel my mouth watering already.

3. Rachel Keeth

I love trying different cuisines, so this sounds like an interesting restaurant.

The passion fruit sauce sounds particularly interesting. I tried to grow passion fruit once, but we had to make an unexpected trip out of town in the middle of August, which killed the seedlings.

4. popcosmo

This looks delicious! My husband used to travel to Portland every month and always raved about the restaurants — I was so jealous! It seems there is no end to the amazing ones there. Lucky you!
    xo ~kim & chloe @ popcosmo.com

5. NJ @ A Cookie Before Dinner

Raspberry Hazelnut sorbet sounds super tasty! It looks like a great place to grab a bite. I’ll have to try to remember this, if I ever get to Portland!

6. Nicky Omohundro

I have never had Peruvian food. These all looks delicious. I love lamb shank. The passion fruit dipping sauce with the bread sounds interesting. I’ll need to find a Peruvian restaurant around you.

7. Nic

Hi! Stopping by through the SITS commenting challenge. I have never been to Portland but I know where to eat now if I ever get to visit. I love flan and the flank steak looks amazing.

8. Reda Hicks

Wow, this place looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

9. Mrs. Stephens

I love trying new foods and I am a big fan of Peruvian dishes they are sooo good and they have so much flavor. Thanks for sharing those pics made me hungry.

10. Nolie

Dinner looks yummy

CommentLuv badge

Meet Mommy Travels

Hello! I'm Meagan Wristen a travel writer living in Portland, Oregon. I'm a momma of 3 who loves creating memories with each of them one trip at a time. My hope is to invigorate others to do the same with their children. ...................................................... ¡Hola! Soy Meagan Wristen freelance de viajes escritor que vive en Portland, Oregon. Soy una mamá de 3 que le encanta crear recuerdos con cada uno de ellos un viaje a la vez. Mi esperanza es vigorizar a otros a hacer lo mismo con sus hijos.