Shades of Green is a military resort located on Walt Disney World property near the Polynesian Resort and Magnolia and Palms golf courses. Guests that stay here are eligible for Disney World’s Magic Hours, but not the Disney Dining Plans.
Shades of Green military resort offers 583 large rooms all of which can accommodate 5 people and those with disabilities. This resort is one of a handful of Disney World resorts that allows 5 in a room.
Special Military Pricing
Like the military resorts in Hawaii and Germany room rates are based on rank. So, rates at Shades of Green are broken into three different priced categories. Since it is a military installation there are no taxes. Lower rank members pay less than higher ranking members do. This enables military members who don’t make as much to still be able to afford vacation at Disney World. The best perk of staying at Shades is the low price if you qualify. Standard and Poolside rooms range from $89 to $141 per night year round! Unfortunately for us we are in the $141 category, so we usually stay at a different property for less. Be sure to check out their website where they offer lots of specials and remember that Disney World offers military discounts at most of their properties as well.
Shades of Green Amenities
- Restaurants – Shades of Green has quite a few restaurants including, a sit-down Italian restaurant, a buffet restaurant that often offers themed food buffets, a sports bar, a grab and go option for a quick breakfast, and a small Starbucks.
- Swimming Pools – Shades of green has two pools, one in the shape of Mickey Mouse’s head. Plus, they are in the process of updating the small pool and it is going to be awesome for kids.
- A Mini arcade for kids
- Free Xbox 360s and Wiis kids can play with.
- Fitness Center including yoga and zumba classes
- Full service spa, Magnolia Spa
- Bus with service to all four Walt Disney Parks. (not part of Disney’s bus system) For a fee they can also take you to Universal Orlando or Sea World.
- A small tax free gift shop.
- Free parking
Magnolia Spa offers all kinds of services including princess and pirate makeovers at a way better price than Disney! For adults they offer affordable facials, massages, and nail services. You do not have to be staying at Shades of Green to use the spa.
ITT Office (Ticket Sales)
- Shades of Green has an ITT office on the second floor.
- Discounted tickets for Disney World as well as all other attractions in Orlando.
- No tax when you buy tickets here!
- You can buy the specially priced $169 Disney tickets here.
- Military members can get a free 1 day park hopper to Universal Studios.
- Sea World tickets are available too, but remember you and your family members may be eligible to get in free.
We often stop by Shades of Green just to hit the ITT office and get our discounted and free military tickets. Parking is free so we can park and run in and get them. You do have to show military id to get into the parking garage.
FYI – There is a small BX and ITT office near the Orlando Airport as well.