If you have never been whitewater rafting you maybe unsure of what you can or cannot wear or bring with you, especially if you are bring kids for the first time. That was us a few months ago. Although we have rafted in the past, we had never taken our kids. Here is a simple list to help you get started. Keep in mind that this list is for a 1 day rafting trip. If you are going to do a two or three day trip you obviously need a lot more stuff.
What to Wear Whitewater rafting:
- Clothes and shoes that can get wet
- Shoes that stay on your feet, like river sandals, aqua socks or even tennis shoes you don’t mind getting wet. Do not wear flip flops.
- If you wear glasses, straps to keep them secure are a good idea.
- On a warm day, shorts, T-shirts and/or bathing suits work well.
- On a cooler day, layers of synthetic fabrics (like workout clothing), which wick moisture, work great. Do not wear cotton (like jeans and t-shirts). Wool can also work well.
What else to Bring:
- A change of dry clothes and a towel.
- Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Dry bag
We have a pouch just like this to keep our stuff dry and it works well.
Rafting time! #centraloregonlife