Less than two weeks ago Mikka and I found ourselves having a blast in NYC at the Getting Gorgeous event. This is an event for bloggers to interact with selected brands. Not only did we get to meet some great brands, but we also got to catch up with lots of other awesome bloggers we know including Stress Free Baby and Vegetarian Travel Mom.
We started our day out by getting all glam.
I wore a black ANGL romper that I picked up in Vegas back in June while shopping in Tivoli Village. I must say it’s the cutest romper, but for some reason it doesn’t come out well in photos. I think it makes my butt look huge in photos. I am wearing black Flojos flip flops, because I am a flip flop kind of gal.
My sister went with a fabulous Banana Republic green dress and some amazing wedges with lots of straps and gold buckles from Express.
This year there were a lot of great products to check out. I am not going to go through all of them, but just a few that I really liked.
One product I am so excited about is Liquid Oxygen. Before going to Getting Gorgeous I had never heard of their products, but they sound awesome and they are way cheaper than that one system everyone hears about on commercials (you know the one). I have an adolescent and we’ve tried lots of products now for acne and so far we are not over the moon about any of them, at least not long term. I can’t wait to see how this stuff works. Hopefully this is the answer we’ve been looking for. I will let y’all know in a few more weeks what we think. He is trying out:
- Cleanser: Liquid Oxygen Acne Wash every morning and night to remove dirt, oil, and makeup, and to treat and prevent acne.
- Astringent: Liquid Oxygen Blackhead Astringent to tighten pores and remove any traces of cleanser or other residue and to help balance pH.
- Moisturizer: Anti-Acne Facial Moisturizer in the morning and at night to hydrate and protect the skin.
Chobani is probably the oddest company that I discovered. I mean, don’t get me wrong here, I’ve heard of them. To me though all yogurt is the same. Right? Apparently not. Here’s some of what I learned about their yogurt for kids:
- 8 g of Protein
- Only natural ingredients that are not genetically modified (non-GMO)
- No artificial flavors or sweetener, No preservatives
- Made with milk from cows not treated with hormones like rBST*
- Includes live & active cultures
- Three types of probiotics
- Gluten free
- Less than 5% lactose
Now the reason this is such a big deal to me is that we are trying to boost our daughter’s protein intake. She broke her hand back in March and it was a bad break. Her doctor felt that her bones are not strong enough and that we should make sure she gets enough protein. She already eats plenty of meat, so I was shocked to here this. I’m excited to have another item that she can eat (she has bad food allergies) that will help increase her protein.