Residence Inn has been my go to hotel for a long time. Why? Well, when you have a large family – as in more than 2 kids – you need a space that can accommodate you. For the most part the standard hotel is not going to be good for us and I do not want to pay for two rooms, especially in New York City. Can you image what that would have cost me! No thank you. Plus, did I mention the military discount!
The Residence Inn NYC on 48th street hosted us on the first part of our NYC trip earlier this month while I attended various blogger events throughout the week. As soon as we walked in I was totally relieve because there was so much room. This may seem weird but three years ago when we visited NYC I used Hotels Tonight to book a room and it blew up in my face badly because the room was teeny tiny. So, to walk in and see the beautiful, large room we would be staying in was a huge relief to me.
We had a full kitchen including a large fridge. When you are traveling with a baby or toddler it is so important to have a fridge for milk. It just makes everything so much easier. If we had wanted to we could have brought our complimentary daily breakfast up to the room and had plenty of room to eat. The breakfast by the way was one of the best complimentary hotel breakfast I’ve ever seen.
In the bedroom were two queen size beds, a TV, dresser, and a decent size closet with robes and a safe. Both the bedroom and the living room were spacious enough that either could accommodate a crib or even a rollaway.
After staying in 9 different hotels in NYC over the years this one is hands down my favorite. I will absolutely try to stay here every time I visit from now on. Here are some of my favorite things about the hotel:
- FREE WiFi throughout the hotel
- Free hot extensive buffet breakfast – saves $$
- Military discount!
- Accessible rooms with 32″ wide openings
- Fully equipped kitchens, so you may save $$ on food and you have a WINE OPENER!
- On-site Market is open 24/7 for a snack or toiletry item you forgot to pack (I always forget something ridiculous.)
- Paul Mitchell bath products
- 24/7 Fitness Center helps you maintain your routine while on the road
- Grocery shopping service available
- In-room iPod dock and safe
- Large, ergonomic work area in every suite
- Comfortable beds
- Short walk to the subway