Newport, Oregon is a sleepy little beach town on the Oregon coast with lots of things to do. Some activities here happen to be much better than others! Here are what our family considered to be the top 6 things to do in Newport, Oregon. I hope these help you plan your own family vacation to Newport, Oregon.
6 Things to do in Newport, Oregon with Kids
- Newport Coast Park – This newer playground is so much fun for kids and close to the beach. Free parking is available in there on site parking lot and nearby.
- Hang at the beach – Look for shells, build sandcastles, or fly a kite. The beach in Newport is neat with lots of sea anemones.
- Oregon Coast Aquarium – This large aquarium is considered to be the best aquarium in the state of Oregon and I suppose it is. I cannot think of any other aquariums in Oregon. It is a large aquarium with lots to see and do.
- Hatfield Science Center – This is a completely free science center and it’s awesome! They have a touch pool that your children will especially enjoy.
- Visit the Sea Lions – Located near downtown, these sea lions can be fun to watch. Just ask around for where to find them. Every local in town knows where to find them.
- Hike Drift Creek Falls – North of Newport is an excellent hike the whole family will enjoy. Plus, you get to see a waterfall. It is steep on the way back up, but not too bad.
Have you found something fun for kids to do in Newport with kids? Let us know if the comments below.