Printable Travel Journal for Kids

A printable travel journal for kids to use during a trip

One of the things I have exercised with my kids for many years is having them travel journal during our trips.  Keeping a travel journal is a fun activity for youngsters and an incredible way to preserve memories.  My kids and I often go back and read the things they wrote on various holidays..

When Noah was in 4th grade we went and lived in Honduras for 4 or 5 weeks. I had each kid journal off and on while we were there. A few months ago we came across his journal and read it.  He is now a sophomore in high school, so this was about 6 years ago. In his journal he goes on and on about how disgusting the bathrooms were!  Now keep in mind, we have done all these unbelievable things in Honduras.  We snorkeled in the Bay Islands, went zip lining in Copan, and lots more.  It was amusing that all he wrote about was the bathrooms, but he was right, they were awful!  This was his first time in a 3rd world nation and he was making observations only a 9 year old boy can make.  It was neat to find out what made the biggest impression on him even if it was a little silly.

Travel Journal for Kids

To help you get started, I have printable travel journals for kids. All you have to do is print them out and then let them start filling them out. There are three different pages you will need to print out.

Cover Page Printable – This cover page allows your child to take ownership of their travel journal.

Daily Journal Printable – You will want to print out one of these travel journal pages for each day that you will be traveling. For example, if you are traveling for 5 days print out 5 copies.

Daily Drawing Printable – In additional to the daily travel journal sheet you will want to print out this page for each day you are traveling. Sometimes the best way for kids to document is through art. This printable allows them to draw what they did that day.

activities for kids

I recommend getting a 1 inch binder and hole punching the sheets and keeping them in the binder. Or you could just staple them, that works too!

And don’t forget some pencils and crayons.

Road Trip Games to Play in the Car

Related Posts

19 Responses to “Printable Travel Journal for Kids”

1. Ivonne

What a great idea! I wish I would have thought of this years ago when my kids were little when we road tripped to Florida; 24 long hours in a car would really have kept them busy!

2. Josselyn Radillo

love this printable sheets so much

3. Aireona Raschke - Nightborn Travel

I want something like this for adults! I love journalling so much, especially while I travel. This is a great idea for kids.

4. Eve 'Chava Mazal' Stark

What a fun idea for kids. Not only does it help to keep them busy, it helps them reflect on the travel.

5. Amber Myers

This looks like such a great idea! My daughter would probably really enjoy doing this.

6. Jasmine Eclipse

This is such a cute idea for kids! It would be great to have them be creative to remember their travels!

7. Rose

What a great idea. I m sure the kids like to look back on where they have been and what they thought too. As an adult just like you said the child’s perspective of the place would be very entertaining and honest that’s for sure.

8. andrea

This is an awesome idea! It is so hard to keep kids busy when you travel especially on long trips. Will be passing this on to a few of my friends too.

9. Jessica

Journaling is a great thing for kids to do. I think it helps with their writing skills, but also helps them learn more. I will have to have my kids start journaling.

10. Heather with wellfitandfed

This is such an awesome thing. What a great idea to get them started early.

11. blair villanueva

I have a 9yo sister who would definitely enjoy these printables 🙂

12. lex

good journal every kid will like and be willing to ask for more of. the drawings and cartoons on them makes it more of an item that will stick in their minds for study.

13. Angie Rose

This is super cute! I’m sharing this with my friend who has a young child, she will love this! I used to love journaling as a kid!

14. Sylvia @ Happiness is homemade

This looks awesome! At least kids won’t get bored when travelling – I wish I had something like this to fill out when I was a child 🙂

15. Chelsea Daigle

This is so cute. My son is all about journaling so we can definitely get some use out of this during road trips. Thanks!

16. nathanielle

These are really cute!

17. Sondra Barker

This is so awesome! Such a great thing for kids to have on their travels!

18. Leah Schulz

I love printables for my tots. These are so cute!

CommentLuv badge

Meet Mommy Travels

Hello! I'm Meagan Wristen a travel writer living in Portland, Oregon. I'm a momma of 3 who loves creating memories with each of them one trip at a time. My hope is to invigorate others to do the same with their children. ...................................................... ¡Hola! Soy Meagan Wristen freelance de viajes escritor que vive en Portland, Oregon. Soy una mamá de 3 que le encanta crear recuerdos con cada uno de ellos un viaje a la vez. Mi esperanza es vigorizar a otros a hacer lo mismo con sus hijos.