Toyota graciously loaned me a 2016 Toyota Avalon hybrid this summer when I was in Texas for 3 weeks. I drove it all over the place: Austin, where we to Barton Springs, Belton, where we visited my life long best friend Lindsey, San Marcos where we hit up Schlitterbahn the best water park in the US, Odessa where I am from, Dallas where one of my best friends from college lives, and the list could go on and on. Needless to say when we hit the state of Texas we pack in as much as possible. All in all we took an 1100 mile road trip in this hybrid.
2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
The 2016 Toyota Avalon hybrid, can get 40 miles per gallon in the city and 39 on the highway! I mean, if that doesn’t catch your attention I am not sure what will! I was able to drive from San Marcos, Texas all the way to Odessa, Texas on one tank of gas! And this alone is why I would seriously consider buying this car. To be able to shave off that much time during a 376 mile drive is phenomenal. Driving across Texas can be brutal and sometimes the gas stations are far and few between, so a car that can go 530 miles on a tank of gas is amazing. And get this! The car ask me if I needed to take a break during our road trip!
You can buy 2016 Toyota Avalon hybrid in three different models: XLE Plus, XLE Premium, and the Hybrid Limited. All three of these are sure to please, starting at $36,650! The version I got to drive was the fully loaded hybrid limited and it cost $43,285.00.
This is a perfect family size sedan, that is amazing on fuel mileage and nice and spacious. It has a really nice size trunk, to store outdoor gear for activities, groceries, luggage for road trips! There is ample space for leg room in the back and front seat. As you can see Jonah and Eden had a lot of room back there. One odd thing I do have to mention is that the middle seat has a cup holder and armrest that folds down. This is great, but what is odd is you can reach back towards the trunk and pop the trunk. Now I am unsure why it has this feature, but I was a little irritated when my son accidentally popped the trunk in rush hour traffic in Austin.
One feature that I am a fan of, is the heated and cooled seats, this is perfect for cooling and warming you up when needed! I love to turn the seat warmers on when my back is a little sore, it seems to help loosen it up. And I especially love those cooling seats when it is 106 degrees in Texas. Also, it drives really smooth and is pretty quiet on the highway and in town!
Features and Specs:
- Bold Front Grill: This grill is eye-catching for sure, and gives the vehicle such a high-end look. You won’t get overlooked when you are traveling down the road.
- Multi-Display: This is an awesome feature! You can see how much gas you have used and how much is left in miles, so you won’t end up stranded! With the Avalon Limited it will even give you turn by turn directions!
- HD Radio Predictive Traffic: If you live in a bigger city and end up in traffic jams occasionally, this feature might really appeal to you. This system will notify you of a traffic jam you might run into, real-time updates and more.
- App Suite: This is so neat, you can access your favorite apps like Pandora, Yelp, check stocks, and more. You can even order movie tickets, all from the touch screen in your car. Talk about technology forward.
- Wireless Smartphone Charger: Forget your charger at home, that is okay you don’t need it! If your smart phone is compatible you can charge it in your car! You simply put your phone in the bin and it will charge your phone wirelessly! How sweet is that?! Granted, you must have a phone that works with this type of technology or a special case. An iPhone will not work with it unless it is in a special wireless charging case.
- Backup Camera: It even features a backup camera to help you navigate out of small spots and ensure nothing is behind you! When you put your car in reverse the screen will switch over so you can see behind you.
- Smart Key System: When you are a few feet away from your Avalon, with the key fob in your pocket, the interior lights turn on. The doors and trunk can be opened with the touch of the handle. It makes it very easy to get in and out. Plus, you can turn your car on and shut it off with the touch of a button, no need for the key!
- Safety Features: Pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, lane departure alert with steering assist, and dynamic radar cruise control
This Toyota Avalon hybrid truly is an awesome vehicle, and did I mention it is award-winning. It won the Best Resale Value: Full-Size Car and was named a Best Buy Award Finalist by Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com. If you are in the market for a new vehicle to make sure to test drive it. It is very easy to fall in love with!