It’s almost back to school time, so I am already planning out my meals for those first few weeks. That might seem over kill, but this year I will have kids in three different schools. It’s been 3.5 years since I’ve had to deal with a schedule like that. I find that if I make a crockpot meal every two or three days we will have less eating out and things running smoother in the evenings. What’s nice about this recipe is you can prepare it and freeze it or you can just throw it all into the crock pot. Usually what I do is triple the recipe, freeze two and make one that day.
Chili Con Cerveza
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast cut into ¾ inch cubes or stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 oz) cans beans (kidney, pinto, white, etc.), drained
- 2 Tablespoons Wildtree Leslie’s Chili Mix
- 2 Tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Combine all ingredients in freezer bag, remove air and freeze.
To prepare: Defrost freezer bag in fridge. Place contents of bag in crockpot and add beer or water. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Delicious topped with grated cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, and Wildtree Guacamole! (if you like your chili on the thick side then cook uncovered for the last hour of cooking)
To complete this meal:
- 6 oz beer or 6 oz water
- Grated cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, onions, and jalapeños!
More Crock Pot Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan