Do you want to try and eat cheat at Disney World?
Eating at Disney World can be extremely expensive. Keep in mind you can take food into Disney. We usually take in a lot of snacks, bottled water, Gatorade and juice boxes. We also take Lunchables for the kids. You cannot bring in anything that is in a glass container. You can bring in a soft sided cooler, but not a hard sided one. If you go to the water parks you can take in a hard sided container.
For those that do not want the hassle of bringing their own food and are not on the Disney dining plan these are these the cheapest places to eat at Disney World.
Cheap places to eat at Disney World:
- Nine Dragons is the cheapest sit down restaurant we have found in Epcot. It’s in China and their Chinese food is excellent.
- There is a place in France called Boulangerie Patisserie where you can get a ham and cheese croissant for 3.25. These are so good and large. They will even heat it up if you like! Plus, they have all kinds of little French desserts.
- At Cosmic Rays (Tomorrowland) you can order a double cheeseburger and an extra bun. You can make two hamburgers. You can load it with as much extras as you want at the condiment bar. Their free condiment bar consists of lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, sauteed onions, and sauteed mushrooms.
- Sleepy Hollow (Liberty Land) has massive waffle sandwiches. Just three of these can feed a family of 4 or 5. Plus, they are super tasty!
- At Tortuga Tavern (Frontierland) you can order a taco salad, burrito, or nachos and load them up at the free condiment bar. You can essentially make the meals much larger that way you order less meals.
- The Friar’s Nook (Fantasyland) – Here you can get barbecue chicken macaroni & cheese for $10.49 or the All-Beef Hot Dog served with Chips for $8.99.
- Gaston’s Tavern (Fantasyland) you can get a ham and cheese-stuffed pretzel for $7.99 or tavern beef stew for $9.99.
Disney Studios Cheap Eats
- At Backlot Express you can order a double cheese burger and an extra bun kit (bun, tomato, lettuce) for less than $2 and then make two hamburgers.
- Fairfaxe Fair sadly no longer has the super cheap creative hotdogs. But they still have some affordable options. They have the Fairfax Salad (Pulled Pork, Wedge Salad, Bacon, Roasted Corn Medley, Tortilla Strips, and Cheddar, Jalapeño Ranch Dressing) for $9.49, a Foot-Long All-Beef Hot Dog with Chips is $9.49, and a Veggie Salad (Wedge Salad with Roasted Corn Medley, Tortilla Strips, Cheddar Cheese, and Jalapeño Ranch Dressing) for $9.49.
- The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge serves a few small plates like the Famous Hollywood Brown Derby Cobb Salad(Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, and Cobb Dressing) for $10.00.
Animal Kingdom Cheap Eats
- Yak & Yeti Local Foods Café (Asia) has a “side” of chicken fried rice for $3.99 and it is a nice sized portion with peas, onions, and hearty chunks of chicken. A full portion of Chicken Fried Rice is only one dollar more $4.99. You could add on a Pork Egg Roll for $3.29 and still be under $9.00.
- The Smiling Crocodile (Discovery Island) has a handful of cheap sandwiches including Turkey BLT, Salmon BLT, and Pimento Cheese BLT Sandwiches for $5.29 – $5.49.
- Eight Spoon Café (Discovery Island) has cheap mac and cheese options. Baked Macaroni & Cheese for $4.29, Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Pulled Pork for $6.29, and Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Shrimp and Sweet Chili Sauce for $6.49.
- Nomad Lounge (Discovery Island) this is one of the newest places to eat in the Animal Kingdom and they have a few cheap eats. You can get Florida lion fish tacos with charred pineapple and jalapeño for $9.00, honey glazed pork ribs for $10.00, asian barbecue chicken wings with pickled vegetables for $10.00, and Tiffins Bread service with Pomegranate Olive Oil, Harissa Yogurt, black- eyed pea hummus, zhough yougurt for $10.00. And, yes this is the same bread service they have at Sanaa!!
Do you have a tip for eating cheap at Disney? We would love to hear about it. Leave your tip in the comments below.