After staying at the Fairmont Singapore I couldn’t wait to stay at another one of their hotels. This time I got to stay at the Fairmont Pacific Rim a luxury hotel in downtown in Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada. Once again, I left totally pleased with Fairmont hotels.
Sometimes it is the little things that make a hotel great. One of the things I was the most happy about was the coffee creamer being refrigerated. It didn’t hurt that it was also stocked with lots of drink options. Overall the minibar was excellent. Any time I see a Snickers bar in a minibar I’m a happy traveler. You may recall my Snickers Milkshake recipe!
Guest room amenities:
- Stearns & Foster luxury beds
- Nespresso coffee maker
- 100%-cotton Italian oversized Mascioni bath towels and luxury linens
- Terry Mascioni bathrobes
- Marble bathrooms with soaker tubs, separate showers and LCD TVs in the mirror
- State-of-the-art technology, including wired and wireless high-speed internet access
- iPad2 devices -allows guests to customize their stay with guest room controls. You can make restaurant reservations, order in room dining and book spa appointments. (Notice my name on the iPad)
- Bedside, touch screen control panel, which operates lighting, temperature and curtains
- 42-inch LCD TVs with a media connectivity panel with surround sound
- In-room safe
- Fully stocked, refrigerated private bar with snacks and sundries
- Rose 31 amenities by Le Labo
Botanist is their popular restaurant. It is easy to see why it is so popular. I had the oatmeal when I visited. I do not recommend getting it. From what I could tell I ordered the most disappointing item on the menu. I was trying to be healthy, but it just wasn’t good. Get something else. Everyone else I was with raved about their food.
They have a 11,000 square foot spa, the Willow Stream spa, with 9 treatment rooms and a 2,500 square foot outdoor patio with water features. I did not have enough time to visit the spa, maybe next time! They also have a 4,000 square foot state-of-the-art fully equipped fitness center. I had my workout clothes with me, but I forgot my tennis shoes and I was not going to go workout in my flip flops.
This is overlooking the Lobby Lounge and RawBar, Vancouver’s first 100% Ocean Wise sushi destination.
1038 Canada Place