Fast and Furious Supercharged Ride is now open at Universal Orlando!
Super Star Grand Opening!
The superstars from the Fast & Furious franchise were all there for the opening of the new Fast and Furious – Supercharged ride at Universal Orlando. Celebrities on hand of the opening were star and producer Vin Diesel (Dom), and stars Chris “Ludacris” Bridges (Tej), Tyrese Gibson (Roman) and Jordana Brewster (Mia). Here’s a video of the grand opening.
During the ride experience, guests will join up with the Fast & Furious crew as they feel what it’s like to step into their favorite Fast & Furious film. They have recreated parts of the of the Fast & Furious crew’s warehouse headquarters. As you walk through, you will see actual props, iconic scenes, authentic details and ride alongside fan favorites around San Francisco. The simulations during the bus ride help you feel the speed sensation as you ride along. Before getting to the bus, live actors walk you through different parts of the story leading up to the 2d ride. Although it is a 2d ride it seems like 3d, they’ve used technology that allows you to have a 3d experience without the hassle of 3d glasses.
Cars Featured Throughout the Fast and Furious Supercharged Ride
To me the stars of this ride are the cars. They wouldn’t tell us how much they spent on the cars that are on display, but it had to be millions. All the cars are working and could be driven if they put the fluids back in them. There are over a dozen authentic supercharged vehicles from the films on display. In order to learn about all of the cars download the Universal Orlando app. Here are some pictures I manage to get photos of or identify. I am unsure what three of the other cars are. If you know leave a comment!
- Dom’s iconic 1970 Dodge Charger
- Paul Walker drove the 1970 Ford Escort RS1600 in Fast and Furious 6.
- Roman’s Super Lux Coupe is inside the ride on the right side. It is sticking out from a wall.
- Letty’s Turbo Truck
- 2015 Nissan GTR
- 1970 Modified Charger R/T
- 1994 Toyota Mark IV Supra RZ
- 1997 Mazda RX-7 F3DS driven in Fast and Furious 6 by Han Seoul-Oh.
- 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda driven by Dom and Letty in film 6 & 7.
- 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona – Here is Dennis McCarthy, the man behind all the cars, standing in front of the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona driven in movie 6 by Vin Diesel which was customized with a lower stance and more narrow nose. He said they gave them a year to build all the cars for display in this ride, which was tons of time since he is used to turning around cars in just days or weeks.
- 2012 Subaru Impreza WRX STi GH is a major car driven by Brian O’Conner (Paul Walker) in Fast and Furious 7.
Paul Walker Tributes
Throughout the entire ride and queue, there are many nods to Paul Walker. His locker is in the warehouse and out front when you walk past the BBQ/picnic scene you will see a beer bottle laying down and that is a tribute to Paul Walker. They also display his Marine travel box shortly after you pass the semi truck. In the War Room a street on their plans is named “Walker Street”.
Guests can save up to $100 on a Universal Orlando Vacation Package and Florida Residents can take advantage of the limited-time Buy a Day, Get a 2nd Day Free offer to experience everything at Universal Orlando Resort, including Fast & Furious – Supercharged. To purchase these special ticket offers and for more information on Fast & Furious – Supercharged, visit www.UniversalOrlando.com/Fast.