New York’s Finger Lakes Region is an incredible area and we have put together a Finger Lakes Travel Guide to help you plan your trip. From multiple wine trails, breathtaking state parks, indoor water parks, skiing, and new playgrounds they have a little bit of everything.
Finger Lakes Travel Guide
Where to Stay in the Finger Lakes
Wineries Worth Visiting in the Finger Lakes
- Montezuma Winery Montezuma Winery is by far my favorite winery in the world. Their wines are unique and award winning. Some of my favorites are Camper’s White, Diamond, Fat Frog Red, and Fat Frog White. If you like sweeter wines this is your place. They have lots of wines that are not sweet, but happen to have a large selection of both. Many wineries do not have such a variety of sweet wines. They have a gift shop too, that is absolutely adorable.
- Cayuga Lake Wine Trail
- CJS Vineyards – Small, but great wine. It is near Auburn.
- Lakewood Vineyards – In Watkins Glen. Plan to visit here when you visit Watkins Glen State Park.
- Hazlitt – Has an excellent Red Cat wine and they have wine slushies.
- Knapp Wineries – They have a wonderful lunch.
- Bellehurst Castle – Has excellent brunch and it’s a cool place. They have peacocks on the grounds and it’s on the lake.
Things to do in the Finger Lakes
- National Museum of Play in Rochester, NY
- Seneca Lake State Park
- Watkins Glen State Park – One of the seven wonders of the United States.
Where to eat in the Finger Lakes
- Balloons Restaurant (Auburn) – I had the peppercorn steak and it was wonderful. The side I picked was the garlic mash and they were even better than the steak. I was with a lot of people and everyone was happy with their food. The service was great. The kids can get steaks for $10. My son accidentally threw his steak off of his plate and onto the floor while try to cut it. The waiter was cool about it and replaced it. But he didn’t just replace it, he soothed our 7 year old, because he was super upset.
- Nickels BBQ – Located in Watkins Glen