New York’s Finger Lakes Region is an incredible area and we have put together a Finger Lakes Travel Guide to help you plan your trip. From multiple wine trails, breathtaking state parks, indoor water parks, skiing, and new playgrounds they have a little bit of everything.
Finger Lakes Travel Guide
Where to Stay in the Finger Lakes
Wineries Worth Visiting in the Finger Lakes
- Montezuma Winery (my favorite winery)
- Cayuga Lake Wine Trail
- CJS Vineyards – Small, but great wine. It is near Auburn.
- Lakewood Vineyards – In Watkins Glen. Plan to visit here when you visit Watkins Glen State Park.
- Hazlitt – Has an excellent Red Cat wine and they have wine slushies.
- Knapp Wineries – They have a wonderful lunch.
- Bellehurst Castle – Has excellent brunch and it’s a cool place. They have peacocks on the grounds and it’s on the lake.
Things to do in the Finger Lakes
- National Museum of Play in Rochester, NY
- Seneca Lake State Park
- Watkins Glen State Park – One of the seven wonders of the United States.
Where to eat in the Finger Lakes
- Nickels BBQ – Located in Watkins Glen