I am totally obsessed with bath bombs. Ever since I discovered Lush I’ve had a slight addiction to them, which is unfortunate because they are super expensive. I finally learned how to make my own bath bombs, thanks to my friend Holly. It turns out they are super easy to make and they make awesome gifts!
How to Make Bath Bombs Step by Step
You can use any scent you want in your bath bombs. I recommend peppermint because it’s my favorite, but you can use whatever oil you want. I recommend buying Doterra oils or Young Living oils. I’ve used both and found that they both work well. You can buy Bath bomb molds on Amazon. They have all sizes and shapes. I just use the regular round ones.
Bath Bomb Supplies
- Bath bomb molds
Bath Bomb Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Citric Acid
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Mineral Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. Castor Oil
- 20 drops of Peppermint essential Oils
- 1 or 2 drops food coloring or soap color
Bath Bomb Directions
Mix dry ingredients evenly in a bowl: baking soda, mineral salt, cornstarch, and citric acid.
Mix liquid ingredients in a separate bowl and stir evenly.
Mix the liquid mix into the dry mix slowly.
Pack the mix into the molds, it will clump together. Once you’ve created a nice round bath bomb carefully take it out of the mold. You may need to help it out with light tapping.
Set the bath bomb aside and let it harden.
Copy Cat Recipes for Lush Bath Bombs
If you google Lush bath bomb recipes you will find all kinds of knock off recipes. This is the best one I have found so far. This recipe is great because these are made with the oils that people typically have. All starter kits seems have Peppermint, Lemon, and Lavender oils in them.
Lush Bath Bomb Supplies:
- 2 Cups Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Citric Acid
- 1 Cup Corn Starch
- 3 tsp Almond oil
- 12 drops essential oils (4 drops each of Peppermint, Lemon, and Lavender oils.
- 8-10 drops food coloring (optional)
- Rubbing alcohol (in a spray bottle)
- Bath bomb molds
Lush Bath Bomb Directions
- Add Almond Oil and essential oils to a small bowl and mix well.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add the oils to your dry ingredients, slowly mixing as you go.
- Add the food coloring while mixing. (Optional)
- Spray your mixture 5-10 times with rubbing alcohol while mixing until it resembles the texture of damp sand and sticks together.
- Add a heaping amount of your bath bomb mixture to your mold.
- Press the mixture into the mold. Add a bit more to the top and press it all over again. This will help make a solid bath bomb.
- Lightly mist the top of your bath bombs with alcohol. Be careful not to use too much.
- Let it dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Flip mold over and lightly tap the mold with your spoon or finger. This will cause the bath bomb to pop out.
- Mist the top of bath bomb with alcohol.
- Let it dry overnight.
Body Butter Recipe
Melt coconut oil and mango butter in a double broiler, stirring constantly. Once liquified, remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes. Once cooled add sweet almond oil and essential oils. Stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes of until semi solid. Next whip until thick and creamy. It will become whiter. Add to jars and place to fridge to set.