I know the first thing I do when prepping for a trip to NYC is start looking for deals. That’s what I did has soon as I realized I was going to NYC with my mom and sister, I started looking for deals. I’ve been to New York City before and it is expensive! Here is a list of every deal for NYC I could find and tricks and tips for saving money other ways.
15 ways to Save Money in New York City
1. Find Free Things to do
Here is a list of 15 free things to do in NYC! Doing one free activity a day will save you a lot of money.
Ebates is a website that will give you a percentage of what you spend back. For example, if you use their site and book a hotel through Travelocity you get 6 – 14% back. They send it back to you through PayPal. I often get back $10 – $30 on a one night hotel stay.
Use area code 10001 on restaurant.com to find restaurants in the Manhattan area. I recommend L’Ybane (Mediterranean cuisine) and AJ Maxwell’s. Once you sign up with them, they will email you coupon codes to use. I usually only pay $1, $2 or $3 for a $25 gift certificate.
For just $89.00, CityPASS offers a savings of 46% on 6 must-see New York attractions! These activities include: The Empire State Building, American Museum of Natural History, The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Plus you have a choice of one of these three activities: Top of the Rock Observation Deck, Guggenheim Museum, Ferry Access to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, 9/11 Memorial & Museum, or the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.
5. Goldstar – Goldstar also offers discounted tickets in NYC. GoldStar has heavily discounted tickets to shows and other things to do in New York City. They even offer free admission to some shows and events.
7. LivingSocial – Choose NYC Midtown and they’ll have all kids of deals: food, shows, spas, tours, and more. There is a new one available everyday.
8. Buy With Me – this is a great website for getting discounted shows, tours, restaurants and more.
9. Scout Mob – they too also have a variety of deals, but some of them are completely FREE. They also text your coupon to your phone.
10. Travelocity – Search for a NYC hotel deals or an activity deal on Travelocity and you will start getting deals to NYC. Use the coupon they send you to save quite a bit.
11. EverSave – mostly savings on products which comes in handy if you plan to do some shopping!
12. Social Steals – deals on pub crawls, tours, spa, dining and more
13. Hot Dog Stands – Have lunch at a hot dog stand. This will be the cheapest meal you have in NYC!
14. Make Your Own Meals – If you are staying somewhere that has a kitchen you can make meals instead of spending money eating out. Amazon Fresh will deliver groceries anywhere in NYC.
15. Use a Vacation Planner – Now this may sound crazy, but travel agents often have access to deals that no one else can access. This means it’s more than worth it to get a free quote. Fill out this form for a free quote, just for Mommy Travel readers!