12 Amazing Free Things to Do in Las Vegas
There are many things to see and do in Las Vegas, but did you know that there are tons of things to do for FREE? From the everyday tourist sights to a more surprising cultural side of this city, here are 12 of my favorite free things to do in Las Vegas.
- Fountains – Bellagio Hotel. Here you will find a spectacular water and light show that is orchestrated to a musical medley featuring beautiful tunes of Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, and others. There are always a few hundred that pass by and linger to enjoy this beautiful sight.
- Fremont Street. If it is people watching and classic free Las Vegas entertainment you are seeking, then hit up the Fremont Street Experience. The LED light show, music, and amazing light show is worth the excursion to this side of the strip.
- Wine & Dine. Make sure you sign up for the free wine tastings that are every Thursday night throughout the strip on a rotating basis. Look for Rock ‘N Roll wine tastings for good food and great wine.
- Sweet Tooth. Visit the sweet four floors of this M&M’s World museum and you will satisfy any sweet tooth you have ever had. There is a free 3-D movie too, so sit back and enjoy and let the kid in you come out!
- Get Outdoors. Make a trip to the Red Rock Canyon National Park for some hiking, but pick the morning or evening time of day to head there because the temps are super hot and dry. Bring lots of water!
- The Volcano. If you love a big bang, check out a live volcano at the Mirage resort. A huge fire and then hot lava shoots out This is a tourist must-see
- Botanical gardens. Head back to the Bellagio and you will find over 12,000 square feet of gorgeous gardens and displays that everyone can visit for free.
- The Excalibur. Check out the free medieval show of the jugglers, court jesters, and costumed performers that are on the Court Jester Stage every day.
- Aquarium. Now, this is a must-see! Caesar’s Palace has an aquarium that is free and is a 50,000-gallon tank. It has a water and light show as well as lifelike animatronic figures that depict the fall of Atlantis.
- Silverton Casino. Only in Vegas can you find this gigantic, free, aquarium with “mermaids” swimming throughout the over 115,000-gallon tank. You can see live feedings here too two times a day. Kids love this place!
- Music in Paris. Where else can you feel like you are sitting in a cafe in Paris? Here at this casino and hotel, sultry jazz plays every night at the Le Cabaret venue outdoors. If you head inside you can watch the dueling pianos play at Napoleon’s.
- Welcome Sign. Last, but not least, all visitors must see and snap some photos at the infamous sign that says “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas,”
Have you done any free activities in Las Vegas? What were they? We would love to hear about them in the comments below.