2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
Last week I had the chance to drive the all new all wheel drive 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack around Seattle, Washington. My driving partner, Kirsten from Kids are a Trip, and I had too much much driving around Washington. We drove it on highways and around town. Just look how happy we were, well, we were before we got super lost. On the highway, the Golf Alltrack averages 30 mpg and in the city it averages 22 mpg.
We spent our time in the SE model priced at $30,500. They have three models: the S, SE, and SEL. My favorite things about the SE model we drove were:
- Autonomous Braking – That’s right! When you are too close to the car in front of you, the car automatically brakes.
- Cargo Space – With the rear seats up you have 30.4 cubic feet of space and with the rear seats folded down you have 52.7 cubic feet of space.
- 60/40-split folding rear seats
- Heated seats, washer nozzles, and side mirrors.
- Adaptive cruise control
- Made with alloyed high-strength steel in certain exterior body panels to help enhance its sturdiness
- Vents in the back seat
- Rain sensors
- Keyless entry and start
Personally, I would buy the SEL instead of the SE because I would want navigation included and the park assist as in the car parallel parks itself.
The one thing I didn’t like was the back seat. It wasn’t bad, but I wish it had more room.
Okay, now see that kayak on the car. The biggest plus of the Golf Alltrack to me is that the roof rack is lower to the ground than other cars and SUVs like it. I’m a single mom and we are skiers. I have a roof rack on the vehicle I currently drive, but it doesn’t matter because I can’t reach it. And because I cannot reach it, we never use it. I’m a little over 5’7″ and I had no problem reaching the roof rack on the Golf Alltrack since it is at 4’11”. Not only can I reach it, I can get stuff up onto it because it is so much more accessible.
Now you may be wondering if I went kayaking since there is a kayak on top of the car. The answer is yes I did! Lucky for me, I had my GoPro with me just in case.
2017 Pink Beetle
Disclosure: I was Volkswagen’s guest for the test drive. All opinions expressed are my own.