Do you want your family to be more active? Here are 26 family fitness ideas to get your family moving towards a healthier lifestyle.As a single mom to three active teens and tweens who works full time, I am constantly on the go. Over the years, having a healthy lifestyle has become more and more important to me. Way back in 2014 Eden broke her hand during gymnastics. We were sent to a specialist and found out that they considered her to have weak bones. They told me to put her on a high protein diet. Thus began my research into protein. Turns out there are multiple reasons you want to make sure you are getting enough protein.
3 Benefits of Protein
- Better Bone Health: A high protein diet can help heal broken bones and prevent bone weakness, fractures and even osteoporosis by increasing calcium absorption and helping with bone metabolism.
- Manage Weight: High-protein foods are more filling than carbohydrates or fats, so they can prevent overeating and snacking.
- Muscle Health: Protein is important after exercise, physical activity like strength training purposefully damages muscle tissues so they can repair and grow back stronger. For the process to happen effectively, you need some extra protein to help repair the damage. Research shows that eating protein before and after exercise helps increase muscle recovery.
How much protein do you need?
- Women ages 19 – 70+ need 46g of protein daily
- Men ages 19 – 70+ need 56g of protein daily
About Premier Protein Shakes:
An easy way to increase your protein and your kid’s protein is with Premier Protein shakes, they taste so good the kids won’t refuse them. You can have one for breakfast or an afternoon snack. They are great for when you are on the go. And if your teens are eating constantly they will help keep them full and keep them away from eating junk.
- Premier Protein shakes have 30g protein, 160 calories and 1g sugar.
- They now come in two new flavors: Cookies & Cream and Peaches & Cream!
- Premier Protein Cookies & Cream shakes and Premier Protein Peaches & Cream are available for purchase in 4-count and 12- count 11oz packs at Walmart, Sam’s Club and www.PremierProtein.com
26 Family Fitness Ideas
It’s important for all members of the family to get exercise. Depending on the ages of your kids, they may or may not be allowed to work out in a gym with you. The good news is, you do not need a gym to get moving! Here are a handful of ways families can spend time together and work in fitness at the same time.
- Play basketball
- Play volleyball
- Play badminton
- Go for a bike ride
- Go kayaking or canoeing
- Paddle boarding – It may look hard, but paddle boarding is easy enough that even younger kids can do it. I recommend getting an inflatable paddle board for easier handling, transport, and storage.
- Exercise together – See who can do the most pushups, sit-ups, or jumping jacks. See who can hold the longest plank or handstand. You can lift weights or do yoga together.
- Play Tennis
- Frisbee – You can play frisbee almost anywhere. I keep one in the car.
- Golf – Hit golf balls at a driving range or go to a mini-golf course.
- Go Hiking
- Ice Skating
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Rollerblading/Rollerskating – You can head to your local roller ring or you can skate around your neighborhood.
- Jogging/Running – Go for a run through your neighborhood or at a local high school track.
- Soccer – Playing soccer in the fun is super fun and challenging.
- Martial Arts Class – There are classes available for families.
- Play Catch
- Jump on the Trampoline
- Run a local 5K Race – There are tons of 5K races that families can run together like the Color Run.
- Snow Skiing or Snowboarding – Your family will definitely burn calories and have loads of fun skiing.
- Go Swimming
- Take a Walk – Family walks around the neighborhood are easy and convenient.
- Water Skiing/Wakeboarding
- Jump Rope
- Hula Hoop
Does your family workout together? What type of family fitness activities do you do with your family? We would love to hear your ideas in the comments below.
Leave A Comment