It’s that time of year again when it just will not stop raining in PDX, so once again we are on the hunt for indoor activities for the kids. You will notice that this year’s list is almost twice as big as last year’s list. That’s because every year we find some more fun things to do around Portland inside out of the rain. Here they are:
30 Indoor Activities in Portland
- OMSI – This is a huge science museum with hands-on exhibits. They even have a science playground for kids 6 and under.
- Playdate PDX – Massive indoor play park with a cafe and free wifi. While your kids climb, slide, and play their hearts out you can sip a latte and surf the web. Costs $8 during the week and $12 a kid on the weekend.
- G6 Trampoline Park – Update – They currently have both locations closed, but say they are opening up a new location. I will update this when I learn more. There are several G6 locations around town and they are all great and a little different from each other. For about $12 your kid can jump on their trampolines for 2 hours if you find a deal. Trampoline Passes at G6 Airpark – 54% Off
- Dave and Busters – Portland has a Dave and Busters out on the Eastside of town in Clackamas. It’s a restaurant and an arcade. On Sundays and Mondays, they offer $5 appetizers.
- Portland Children’s Museum – This indoor museum for younger kids is free each first Friday of the month after 4 PM
- Grand Central Bowling – This is a really nice place to go bowling and play arcade games. It’s a little spendy, so check for coupons or for a Groupon. Thursdays are a little cheaper too.
- JJ Jump – JJ Jump is a bounce house place. They have a room for toddlers, one for kids, and one for older kids. Cost is $8 a kid.
- Ice Skating at the Lloyd Center – For less than $15 you can ice skate and get rentals. Lloyd Center Ice Rink coupon!
- Lumberyard Indoor Bike Park – there are a lot of outdoor skate and bike parks around the area, but this one is indoors and they offer lessons.
- Wunderland Cinema & Nickel Games – All locations include a nickel arcade. Some locations include a movie theater and laser tag. Most games are a nickel and laser tag is $4. Sign up for their email list to have them email you the deals.
- Mt. Hood Aquatic Center and Rock Climbing – out in Gresham is a fun place to swim and rock climb for cheap.
- East Portland Community Center – Here there is an Indoor park and fantastic indoor swimming pool. This is just one of these types of facilities that are part of the Portland Parks and Rec system. Because it is a community center it is super cheap.
- Mt Scott Community Center and Pool – Another great community center with an indoor pool and roller skating rink.
- Pips & Bounce – The only place in Portland can you take your children to a hip place to play ping pong and enjoy beer and food. Prices start out at $8 a table.
- Oaks Park Roller Skating Rink – Most people just think about the amusement park here, but there is a roller rink here too, and it’s a super cheap place to take your kids roller skating.
If your kids are comfortable doing something extremely adventurous take them indoor sky diving at iFly.
16. Cinetopia – For a deluxe movie experience, take the kids to Cinetopia where your food will be delivered right to your theater chair!
17. Monkey King – Another fun indoor play park with slides and more. $8 weekdays and $10 on the weekends
18. Chuck E. Cheese – I’ve heard that the nicest Chuckee Cheese around is the one in Vancouver.
19. Laurelwood Brew Pub – Not only do they have great food and awesome beer, but they also have dedicated kid areas in their restaurant where little kids can play.
20. Hop works Urban brewery – Both of their locations have a play space with toys and books. Again, what’s better than good food, great beer, and kid’s play areas?
21. Safari Sam’s – Blacklight 18 hole mini-golf, an arcade, a bounce room, and a large play structure. Their prices are all over the place, so chances are, you can work with your budget to do some of it or all of it. Safari Mini Golf coupon.
22. Historic Belmont Firehouse offers free tours every Wednesday from 9-3, and the second Saturday of every month for “Safety Saturday” from 9-3.
23. Museum of Contemporary Craft is free every 1st Thursday of each month.
24. Munchkin Playland – an indoor play place for young children.
25. Ultrazone Laser Tag – Over in Milwaukee is a large indoor laser tag place with an arcade.
26. Tac-Ops Indoor Airsoft Arena – Portland’s only indoor playing field with 6000 sq. ft. of playing space.
27. Portland Rock Gym – An indoor rock climbing gym with drop-in times, classes, and after school programs.
28. Ground Kontrol – This is an arcade/nighttime hangout located in downtown Portland, but during the day you are allowed to bring your kids.
29. Glowing Greens – an indoor putt-putt place lit with black lights.
30. Vine Gogh Artist Bar and Studio – Take your kids painting!
31. North Clackamas Aquatic Center