Does this mean sometimes I miss seeing the “must see” tourist attraction? Yes, yes I do. But does it even matter if I didn’t know I was missing it.
I think what really matters is the quality time you have with your family. A simple weekend getaway can provide quality time and memories to last a lifetime.
1. Do not stress out about going somewhere. Just do it!
2. Pack quickly, keeping in mind you will be back home in 3 days. Also, keep in mind that most hotels have something if you forget an item. If they don’t the local store does. Here is a printable packing list you can use.
3. Pick a place no more than a 3 – 4 hour drive. You do not want to spend a bunch of your free time driving to the destination.
4. Utilize an app or website to find a hotel quickly. Here are some apps and websites I like:
- Hotel Tonight – An app that releases hotels each day at noon. These can be incredible deals.
- HipMunk.com – For a quick comparison of hotels that are available and the ability to search by rate this site is excellent.
5. Book a hotel that includes breakfast if possible. Since this is just a quick trip having one meal a day taken care makes everything easier.
- If your hotel doesn’t have breakfast just take a box of pop tarts with you.
- If you cannot afford a hotel, then consider camping instead.
Win a weekend getaway
Staybridge Suites brand has launched the Family Weekend Getaway contest to give vacation-starved families a spontaneous getaway with The Staybridge Suites brand Family Weekend Getaway contest! #StaybridgeSuitesWeekends
3 Winners will each receive:
- 3-night stay at a Staybridge Suites® hotel
- $250 MasterCard® prepaid card
- Kindle Fire HD7 8GB Tablet
- $50 Amazon gift card
· Staybridge Suites is an innovative, all-suite hotel brand designed to meet the needs of extended stay guests seeking a warm sense of community in a homelike environment.
· With more than 200 locations, all Staybridge Suites properties offer guests spacious, apartment style suites with fully equipped in-suite kitchens so they can prepare their own meals as they might at home.