8 Travel Beauty Products I cannot go without!
1. St. Ives Apricot Acne Scrub
– My skin does not like traveling. Depending on where I am going it can be dry or humid and it doesn’t take long before my face is breaking out. I keep hoping I will get old enough this is not an issue, but I’m mid thirties and still breaking out like a teenager at times. Having this on hand to give my face quick scrub helps my face adjust to the climate. At least I think it does! It may seem weird, but I swear by it.
2. Downy Wrinkle Releaser – Okay, my friend introduced this to me a few years ago and I still can’t believe I didn’t know about it before that. It’s probably been around forever. I do not like to iron and instead steam my clothes. I do not travel with a steamer. I have seen them and know that they have travel size steamers, but I’m cheap so this is good enough for me. It’s easy to use too. Take your clothes out of your suitcase and hang them up. Then you spray wrinkle release all over your clothes and tug on them. It may not get out all the wrinkles but it is a fast fix and better than nothing.
3. Travel Hairspray – I do not know how the weather will be, nor do I know how my hair might react to different climates. I am amazed how good my hair looks when I am back home in Odessa, Texas versus how terrible it looks in Orlando in the intense humidity. That is why I take along a travel size hairspray.
4. Nail scissors – Ok, I’m about to over share. I’m sorry, but my toe nails bother me and when I’m taking a walking tour or doing a lot of standing I do not want my toe nails bothering me. I do not know if other people have this problem or not. I ask my sister and she says it’s just me. (figures) So, I have to travel with nail scissors of some type. I tend to take some that look just like these, because they are good for over grown toe nails too. Also, they can double as regular scissors if needed and for some reason we always need scissors.
5. Travel Size of favorite lotion – When I find a lotion I love I buy the travel size. Then I always have it. If it runs low, I just fill it up again and again with the big bottle. This way I always have the little bottle and I can leave behind the bigger bottle.
6. Dry shampoo – Dry shampoo is life changing. You do not always have a chance to wash and dry your hair, but if you have dry shampoo you don’t have to worry about it. This is especially great if you’ve taken an overnight flight. You can easily freshen up with it in the airport bathroom.
7. Cosmetic essentials – If you wear makeup, then of course some makeup is coming with you on vacation. You may be tempted to carry a whole make up box, but there is no need. Take only the bare essentials to keep your face looking good whether it’s night or day.
- BB cream – Instead of carrying foundation and powder, why don’t you bring a BB cream that is right for your complexions? It’s a tinted moisturizer that eliminates the use of foundation. If you buy the cream to powder type, it may even eliminate the need for face powder. Most of them even out the skin tone and are available with SPF protection for your skin.
- Waterproof mascara – Carry a waterproof mascara that will make your eyes look fabulous and avoid running if you get wet. Mascara makes the eyes pop so make sure you get the right kind for your trip to keep your eyes looking amazing.
- Tinted lip balm – Instead of packing lipstick and chapstick opt for a product that does both. Pack a tinted lip balm to keep your lips moisturized and looking awesome whether its night or day. Be sure to get one with SPF protection.
Do you have something you cannot travel without?