Have you ever wished that you could make Abuelo’s restaurant Chile con Queso at home? Now you can. Here is the exact recipe for Abuelo’s Chile con Queso.
This is Abuelo’s restaurant’s recipe for Chile con Queso aka spicy cheese dip. They graciously shared their exact recipe on their Facebook page and I made this queso el abuelo immediately.
It’s definitely a step up from the queso I usually make the kids, which is just Velveeta a can of Rotel and milk. Granted, my way is quick and easy! I only get to eat at Abuelos a few times a year when we are in Texas or Orlando, so I love being able to recreate their recipes at home. I may borderline stalk their Facebook page checking for recipes.
Abuelo’s Chile con Queso
Abuelo’s Queso Recipe Ingredients:
1 lb. Velveeta – cut into a 1/4″ small pieces
1/2 cup of whole milk
1 TBS of butter
2 TBS of diced Poblano Peppers, seeded
2 TBS of diced jalapeños (use more if more heat is desired) seeded and deveined.
2 TBS of diced onions
2 TBS of diced red bell peppers
Abuelo’s Chile con Queso Recipe Directions:
Wash all produce before using it.
Mix Velveeta with milk and melt in a double boiler (or you can place in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave for approximately 45 seconds, stirring once).
While the cheese is melting, melt the butter in a sauté pan and add the rest of ingredients and cook until tender, being careful not to burn.
When cheese mix is melted, add the sautéed ingredients to a bowl and using a plastic spatula fold together.
Serve with tortilla chips.
More Abuelo’s Recipes:
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- whole milk
- Poblano Peppers, seeded
- red bell peppers
- Wash all produce before using.
- Cut Velveeta into 1/4" small pieces
- Mix Velveeta with milk and melt in a double boiler (or you can place in a microwave proof bowl and microwave for approximately 45 seconds, stirring once).
- While the cheese is melting, melt the butter in a sauté pan and add the rest of ingredients and cook until tender, being careful not to burn.
- When cheese mix is melted, add the sauté ingredients to bowl and using a plastic spatula fold together.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 2315mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 26g