A few days ago I mentioned that I went to Las Vegas for my baby sister’s bachelorette party. Since I am her only sister and maid of honor, I put the event together. I wanted to make the weekend fun, but special.
I had seen different ideas on Pinterest and ended up doing something similar to things I had seen. I just loved the way everything turned out and wanted to share them with you.
Bachelorette Party Favors
Each person attending the Vegas bachelorette weekend received a personalized wine glass. I had these glasses made up. (Holly at AllMyGoodness did them!) All the girls loved them.
I also made up these survival kits for the party. I have a lot of ideas for building survival kits this post.
2 drink mixes
1 mini bottle of liquor
2 bandaids (for your feet after dancing the night away in heels)
1 granola bar
Shout on the go wipes (Nobody wants to go with a stain on their dress)
2 sticks of gum
1 nail file
Last but not least I gave everyone a copy of A Reliable Wife, because you have to have a book to read at the pool or at the beach! Also, because it’s an ironic story. She’s not a very good wife.
Other Bachelorette Party Gift Ideas
- Shot glasses
- Hair ties
- Sun Hats
- Personalize Tumbler
- Custom Flip Flops
- Drink Sleeves
How to Make a Custom Sash
- Get approximately 2 yards (1.8 m) of a 3 inches (7.6 cm) fabric. Measure the fabric on the someone by wrapping it from their hip to their opposite shoulder and back down to their hip. Consider a thicker, matte type of fabric to ensure that the iron-on letters will adhere to the ribbon.
Choose the trim. Accent your sash with some fringe or lace. Make sure to get enough to cover the entire edge of the sash.
- Select iron-on letters. Choose iron-on letters in the style and color of your choice. Make sure that the letters are the iron-on type and that they will fit onto the sash you have chosen.
- Pin the trim to the fabric. To accent your sash, pin the trim to one edge of the fabric or to both edges if desired. Make sure that the edges of the ribbon and trim are overlapping by at least 0.5 inches (1.3 cm). Place a pin through the ribbon and trim every 2 inches (5.1 cm) to 3 inches (7.6 cm) to secure them.
- Sew the trim in place. Use your sewing machine to sew a straight stitch about 0.25 inches (0.64 cm) from the edge of the trim to secure it to the ribbon. Make sure that you sew through the fabric and the trim.
- Position the letters on the fabric. Fold the fabric in half so that the two ends are matched up, and lay the fabric on a flat surface. Then, begin placing the letters so that they are centered on the fabric. Start and finish placing the letters about 3 inches (7.6 cm) to 6 inches (150 mm) from the fold and the end of the section. Space letters out as evenly as possible.
- Iron the letters in place. Follow the instructions for the iron-on letters to iron them onto the Fabric. You may need to cover the letters with a towel to protect them from the heat. Follow the instructions that come with the letters.
- Pin the ends of the sash together. Before you secure the ends of the sash, try it on. Position the sash how you want to wear it and adjust the ends so that they meet near your hip. The ends should be overlapping at a slight angle. When you are happy with the fit, place a pin through the 2 ends to secure them.
- Sew across the sash ends. Remove the sash with the pin still in place. Then, use your sewing machine to sew a straight stitch across the two ends. Sew just below where you pinned the ends together. Remove the pin after you finish sewing.
- Cut off the excess material. After you finish sewing the ends together, cut along the edge of the seam, about 0.5 inches (1.3 cm) from the stitches you just sewed. Then, discard the excess fabric and your sash is ready to wear.
Lucky for me, I have a friend that can sew and she knocked this out in no time.
Bachelorette Party T-Shirts
Mix matched shirts can be a super fun for the party. There are so many cute ideas on Etsy. You can customize them based on personality or destination. There are lots with team bride or bride squad. Here are a few I thought were super cute.
Tanks would be great for going to a day club pool party or the beach.