The Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique at Disney World was an incredible experience. If you have a kid that wants to do this or you think they would enjoy it, do it! It’s one of the top experiences at Walt Disney World.
Originally, I went into it thinking this experience may not be worth the money, but when it was all done it was totally worth it. I can’t wait to take my daughter to do this again someday. (10 years later, my daughter is 15 and I never took her to do this again #regret. This experience is only for children ages 3 -12.)
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
How much does the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique cost?
We got the Crown package, which is the middle package. When we went it cost us $54.95. This included hair, makeup, and nails. My daughter choose a hair piece instead of a crown. At the end she got to keep her makeup pallet, two bottles of nail polish, and a little package of face jewels. Oh, and the hairpiece of course! (We ended up using the hairpiece several more times when she wanted to dress up on our future Disney trips.)
However, since our visit they have increased prices and added a few more elaborate packages. (For what its worth, I do not think it is worth getting anything but the Crown Package.) Here are the details:
- The Crown Package: Hairstyling, shimmering make-up, face gem, princess sash and cinch sack, nail polish – starting at $64.95* (plus tax)
- The Courtyard Package: Hairstyling, shimmering make-up, face gem, princess sash and cinch sack, nail polish, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique t-shirt, trendy tutu – starting at $109.95* (plus tax)
- The Castle Package: Hairstyling, shimmering make-up, face gem, princess necklace, sash, and cinch sack, nail polish, plus Disney Princess gown of choice (shoes not included) with wand and crown- starting at $199.95* (plus tax)
- The Princess Signature Dress Collection: Disney Princess gown featuring intricate design details that tell the story of the princess and made with heirloom-quality fabrics, high-quality crystal tiara with box, organza garment bag and satin hanger, hairstyling, shimmering makeup and face gem, princess sash and cinch sack, and nail polish – starting at $450* (plus tax)
- The Knight Package: Hairstyling with colored gel and confetti, plus a sword and shield– $19.95* (plus tax)
- The Deluxe Knight Package: Hairstyling with colored gel and confetti, plus a sword, shield, and a prince costume – $79.95* (plus tax)
- Imaging Package: This optional add-on includes one 6″ x 8″ and four 4″ x 6″ photos in a princess-themed photo holder for $32.95* (plus tax). Portraits can be taken at Disney PhotoPass Service Studio located in the Marketplace at Disney Springs.
Purchase a Costume in Advance
I planned ahead and ordered an elaborate costume online for $14.00. This is substantially less money than you will pay to buy one at the boutique. It is $60.00+ for a costume from the princess signature dress collection at the boutique. I did let her pick out two accessories to go with her outfit at the store, gloves and a little purse. (Who knew princess dresses were so expensive!)
Also, book ahead if possible. I called a week prior so unfortunately the one inside Cinderella’s castle was already completely booked. We went to the one in Disney Springs instead. Call (407) WDW-STYLE or (407) 939-7895 to make a reservation today.
Make the appointment for early in the day so your child can enjoy being dressed up the rest of the day!
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Experience
The morning we took her we made sure she had clean hair because this is a requirement. We were met at the door of the Bibbidi Bobbi Boutique in Downtown Disney by one of the fairy godmothers in training. The fairy godmother in training greeted my princess and sprinkled fair dust all over her. It was absolutely adorable. Not only did she love it. I could tell my boys thought it was cool too.
She walked us to the check in and then to the dressing room. My princess put on her outfit and then we were introduced to her fairy godmother. My princess was given the choice of hairstyles and hairstyle colors. She also picked which makeup and face jewel she wanted to wear. Then at the end they did the big reveal! She loved it!
Pictures of her princess makeover transformation
I hope that you enjoy the pictures of her makeover.
Off to meet fairy godmother Estelle.
Her fairy godmother started by doing her nails and then her makeup.
This of course took lots of hairspray and more pixie dust so she had a face shield to protect her during the massive spraying!
Next, she was given a sash that said Birthday Princess as well as a button to wear that said Happy Birthday Princess. Because of the button all day long at the Magic Kingdom all of the workers stopped and told her Happy B-day. Even if you are not doing this particular experience you can obtain a free birthday button at the ticket stand at any of the parks. They also sometimes have workers walking around with buttons.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ’s
How far in advance can I make a reservation?
You can make a reservation 180 days in advance, which I suggest you try to do if you want to go to the location within the Magic Kingdom.
Am I suppose to tip?
Tipping is not required, but the cast members aka workers here are allowed to accept tips.
What Hours is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Open?
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is typically open from 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. These hours could fluctuate if there is an event happening.
Do I need a ticket to Disney in order to take my child?
Yes and no.
Yes, if you want to go to the location inside the Magic Kingdom.
No, if you go to the location in Disney Springs. (Formally known as Downtown Disney.)