The best buffalo chicken wing dip recipe ever. It’s easy to make, only 5 ingredients, and everyone loves it. This dip is sure to be a hit at any party!
Do you need a quick and easy appetizer recipe that will wow everyone at the party?
Great news! You’ve found it! And it’s so easy to make your kids can do it.
Last night was the Superbowl and yes, I know it’ a gathering for football, but for me, the real fun is in the food! And I suppose also the commercials.
After living in Buffalo for years I know my chicken wings. Fun Fact: The concept of cooking wings in a peppery hot sauce was born in 1964 at the Anchor Bar in you guessed it, Buffalo, New York.
Lately, every event I go to I always bring this delicious and easy to make buffalo chicken wing dip! My friends and family love it and keep requesting that I bring it. I’ve also noticed that it is always the first appetizer to go every time I make it! It certainly was the most exciting part of last night’s Superbowl party! (Shameless Bragging)
So, are you ready for the best buffalo chicken wing dip recipe ever? Well, I hope so because here it is. It’s only 5 ingredients!
Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Recipe
- 1- Rotisserie Chicken-shredded (yields about 2 1/2 to 3 cups if you want to use regular chicken)
- 1- 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1- jar of Rooties Blue Cheese (or your favorite blue cheese)
- 1- 12 or 16 oz of Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese-Shredded
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Nex,t soften and melt cream cheese in a large saucepan on low heat. Slowly add the rest of the blue cheese while you do this.
Once cream cheese is melted and blended with the blue cheese whip mixture until smooth.
Then stir in the chicken and pour evenly into the casserole dish!
Put into the oven for about 30 minutes. I usually check after about 20 minutes because this dish can burn depending on the oven.
After about 30 minutes of cooking, you can either top it with cheddar cheese and pop back in the oven until the cheese melts. Or you can let it cool then top with cheddar cheese and warm it up to melt the cheese when you get to your final destination! It’s best when served hot and bubbly!
This can be eaten with tortilla chips, regular chips, celery sticks, crackers, or whatever it is you like to eat dip with.
Also, if you have a hard time finding a jar of blue cheese, check the near vegetables in the refrigerator area of grocery store.
We hope you enjoy this dip and that it’s a hit at your party!
Meagan’s tip: I use two large cans of chicken instead of having to shred the chicken myself.
I’ve been getting some of the same questions over and over, so I thought I would just answer them in the post in case someone else is looking for the same answer.
I can’t find a jar of blue cheese. Where should I look at the grocery store?
Typically a jar of blue cheese can be found near the salad in the produce section.
Does the chicken need to be cooked?
Yes, only use chicken that has already been cooked!
Can I substitute ranch dressing?
I’ve never done this, so I am unsure. It will completely change the taste.
How can I make my own Frank’s Red Hot Sauce?
Here is a copy cat recipe for Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.
Frank’s Red Hot Sauce Copycat Recipe
- 18 fresh cayenne peppers (ends & stems removed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Remove the ends of the fresh cayenne peppers and add them into a small saucepan.
- Add all of the other ingredients into the saucepan as well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat and carefully pour it into a blender. Blend it until thick and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan and simmer another 15 minutes.
- You can use the hot sauce right away or you can place the hot sauce into a Tupperware dish and allow the flavors to marry overnight in the fridge.
How can I make my own Rooties Blue Cheese?
I searched for a copycat recipe but I simply could not find one. But I think this blue cheese recipe is pretty similar.
Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- 5 oz Blue cheese (high-quality)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Place the high-quality blue cheese in a food processor and pulse a few times to cut them up.
Add 2 parts mayo and 1 part sour cream into the food processor with the blue cheese still in there. Add a splash of white wine vinegar, a pinch of dill, a pinch of salt, and fresh cracked pepper.
Process until combined.
- If needed add more salt, pepper, dill, or vinegar to suit your taste.
Add the rest of the blue cheese chunks.
Looking for even more dip recipes? Here are more easy dip recipes.
- Rotisserie Chicken-shredded
- cream cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese-Shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spread a small layer of blue cheese in the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Soften and melt cream cheese in a large saucepan on low heat. Slowly add the rest of the blue cheese while you do this.
- Once cream cheese is melted and blended with the blue cheese whip mixture until smooth.
- Next, stir in as much Frank's Red Hot Sauce as you like!
- Stir in the chicken.
- Pour into the casserole dish on top of the thin layer of blue cheese.
- Bake for 20-20 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g