Sadly, it’s still soup weather over here in Portland, Oregon even though it’s almost April. This Cabbage & Lobster Soup with Chives recipe is from Babeth’s Feast and adapted from Cooking with Daniel Boulud. Babeth’s Feast is a gourmet frozen food grocery store available for delivery nationwide. Bringing quality back to frozen food. Their delivery rate is $15 ground shipping nationwide. You find out more info here: www.BabethsFeast.com
Cabbage & Lobster Soup with Chives
PREP TIME: 40-50 MINUTES
Cabbage & Lobster Soup with Chives Ingredients:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup peeled and thinly sliced onions
1/3 cup carrots, peeled, in 1/4-inch dice
1/3 cup celery, in 1/4-inch dice
1 small head Savoy cabbage (1 pound), cored, thick veins removed with a knife and discarded, leaves cut in 1/2-inch-square pieces
3 quarts chicken stock
4 blue raw lobster tails, cut in 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons minced diced chives
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cabbage & Lobster Soup with Chives Directions:
1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the sliced onions, the diced carrots and celery. Sweat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add the cabbage, mix well, and sweat for 5 minutes more, stirring often.
4. Pour the stock over vegetable mixture, add salt and pepper to taste, and cook until the cabbage is soft, approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Season the lobster tail pieces with salt and pepper, and submerge in the soup. Turn off the heat, cover and rest for 4 minutes, or until the lobster is just cooked through.
6. Divide the soup into four warm soup bowls and sprinkle chives over the top.