Do you love soup, but tired of having the same one all the time?
I was too, and one of my go to soup recipes, Taco Soup I made so many times that Noah refused to eat it!
Lucky for Noah, this Cheeseburger soup recipe turned out to be awesome!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups hash browns
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 12 ounces of Velveeta processed cheese, cubed
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Brown meat. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, add 2 T butter and add onion, carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- In small skillet, melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Don’t worry if it turns into a thick paste, just stir it well and add it to the soup anyway.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.