Wondering what to get your mom for Christmas, Mother’s Day, or her birthday? Or perhaps you are dating a single mom and unsure what kind of gift to give here. Here are some things I have gotten more recently that I think would be an excellent gift for mom or for a single mom.
You will notice a resounding theme for most of these items, many of them make life easier. Moms are tired, especially single moms so get them something that makes their life easier or pampers them.
Christmas Gifts for Mom
- Throw Blanket: Who doesn’t need a blanket? When you do not know what to give someone this is always a good choice.
- Family Name Sign: Custom signs are always a nice gift to get.
- Instant Pot: These are still all the rage on Pinterest and will save moms time.
- Revlon Hair Dryer & Styler: Another item that will save mom time! The Revlon Hair Dryer Brush is also great.
- Jewelry – A simple piece of jewelry that goes with anything like Pearl Earrings. Kendra Scotty makes some beautiful jewelry. Shop Kendra Scott Bracelets
If you are considering jewelry, I suggest going with pearls or a simple necklace. A pair of pearl earrings can go with almost any outfit as can a gold necklace and let’s face it, it is hard to pick out jewelry for a woman. That’s why I suggest going with something classic. I wear them with everything.
- Tory Burch Handbag: Super sassy, crossbody purse.
- Portable Power Charger: A slim charger that won’t weigh you down.
- Echo Dot
- Temperature Control Smart Mug
- Ancestry DNA Kit
- Barefoot Dreams Cardigan – picking out clothes for someone is not easy. Stick with a neutral cardigan. I guarantee she will be able to pair it with somethings in her closet.
- UGG Fleece Lined Socks
- Gold Bangle Bracelet
- Wooden Bathtub Tray
- Love Knot Earrings
- What I Love About Mom Journal
- Spa Finder Gift Card: Send mom to get a massage!
- Kate Spade Leather Watch
- Striped Pajamas
- Chanel Perfume
- Tempur-Pedic Pillow
- Gucci Card Case: A slim cardholder.
- Mom Life Mug: Any cute mug makes a good gift.
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow Palette: A nice palette is always something that is useful.
More Gifts for Moms
L’Occitane Advent Calendar – I do not know any women who would turn away beauty products. L’Occitane’s Limited Edition Advent Calendar comes with 24 Beauty Treats! And it’s only $59! They do one of these every year with different products.
I gotta say there is nothing like having a robotic vacuum. While I work on getting something else done this Hoover is doing my vacuuming. Anything that saves a single mom time and gets something done for her is a win-win.
So maybe giving someone appliances does not seem romantic, but having a washer and dryer with large capacity capabilities is life-changing for a mom. She can go from doing 10 loads of laundry a week to only 3 or 4. I know this because that’s what happened to me when I got them!!
I still can’t believe @bestbuy & @samsungusa gave me a new Samsung ActiveWash washer & dryer. They must have known that I wanted to be able to do the same amount of laundry in half the time! Here are just a few of the things I like about each of them. #bbysamsung #ad
Google Home and Google Home Minis
Having a Google Home can help out moms in an assortment of different ways.
Play Music – Moms can stream all their favorite music through this.
Remember Things – You can use Google Home to remember things. Just tell it “Hey Google, remember that my bill is due on Monday” or “OK Google, remember that my house key is in my desk drawer.” In order to retrieve the info, ask it “Hey Google, when is my bill due” or “Hey Google, where is my house key?”
Find your phone – It will find your phone when you tell it “Hey Google, find my phone.”
Track Your Day – Say “Hey Google, tell me about my day.” and the device will give you the time, weather, your next Google Calendar meeting, and a news report. You can customize your day in the Google Home app settings section. Choose “My Day.” there you can modify what it will answer.
Get Questions Answered – When your kids ask you a bizillion questions you do not know the answer to you can ask Google questions and learn the answers you may need.
Request an Uber – Google will call an Uber for you!
Entertain the Kids: The Google Home has partnered with Disney and there are a bunch of fun games that kids will love. Just tell it “Hey Google play __________” Just insert the name of one of these games in the blank.
- Mickey Mouse Magic Show
- Belle’s Castle Adventure
- Star Wars Trivia Challenge
- Cars Adventure
- Mickey Mouse Space and Sea
- Toy Story Freeze Dance
- Disney Princess
- Maui’s Music Game
You can’t go wrong with a bottle of wine. It can be a little difficult to pick out wine for someone if you do not know their tastes. I have a few I can recommend.
Mionetto’s Prosecco is a good bet when you do not know someone’s wine preference. Here are two anyone would enjoy.
- Prosecco DOC Trevi so Brut has aromatic notes of honey and acacia blossom, this wine can be served chilled on its own or used to create your own holiday champagne cocktails.
- Mionetto’s Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG is a luxury sparkling wine boasting a rich array of sensory impressions such as green apple, pear, emphatic citrus, and spring wildflowers.
Succulents require little to no care and are they easily brighten up a space, even a small space. Moms will appreciate having planets that do not take a lot of time and effort to care for. These also make for a great DIY project such as succulents arrangements. They come in various shape and size, can fit in small space as well as make good centerpieces for the room.
Foreo or Foreo Mini
A Foreo is a little device you use while washing your face. It’s a nice item for moms to pamper themselves a bit. I love mine.
You can make a nice gift for your mom too, which is a way to still give your mom a nice gift without having to spend a bunch of money. Two great gifts you can make for mom are bath bombs and body scrubs. They are both easy to make and your mom is sure to love them!
Are you a mom? What would you like to get for Christmas? Leave a comment below!