Are you looking for the right Christmas gifts for teens?
Well, you are in luck, because I have two teens and together we’ve put together a list of Christmas gift ideas for teens! As we think of more teenager gift ideas I will come back and update this list.
Best Gifts for Teens
This gift guide for teens is broken up into multiple sections. We’ve found gifts that are good for just guys or just girls or for both. Some of these gifts are better suited to be stocking stuffers. We’ve broken this guide into categories to better help you find the perfect teen gift. Good luck and happy shopping.
Gifts for Teens
- Beats: Headphones are always a good idea.
- Makeup: Teen girls are most likely wearing makeup. I do not recommend getting them heavy makeup, but I certainly recommend certain things. Here is a list of makeup I recommend for teen girls.
- One good eyeshadow palette: You do not need to buy an assortment of eyeshadows instead invest in a nice palette for her with a variety of colors. My four favorites are ABH Face Makeup Palette, Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette, Too Faced Soft Eyes Shadow Collection, and Younique’s Customizable Palette.
- Mascara that won’t flake: Mascara is pretty basic and most teen girls wear it, but they are not all good. My daughter has allergies, so her go-to mascara is Younique Moodstuck Epic Mascara.
- Nano Drone: Drones are super fun, but you don’t want to invest too much since they can crash.
- Initial Necklace: I think by the time a girl is a teenager, she is probably wearing jewelry every day like an initial necklace. Other jewelry they will love are basic button pearl earrings. This is something that can work when she dresses up or when she’s casual. Pearls go with everything.
Build Your Own Charm Necklace
Teen girls will love showing off their individuality with this necklace, perfect for everyday wear! Create an Isabelle Grace charm necklace just for her with your choice of either a 16 or 18-inch silver plated chain, the initial charm of your choice, their birthstone, and one whimsical charm. Charms include choices like a Unicorn, Bird, Dragonfly, Ice Cream Cone, Ladybug, Palm Tree, Sea Horse, Snowflake, Sun, and Tiara. These necklaces cost $58.00.
- Leopard Print Pajama Pants: An easy item to pick out is some sort of pajama pants.
- External Battery – There are lots of good external batteries on the market. We really like the Powerstation PD Portable Battery because it charges 2.5x faster.
- Kate Spade Card Case: Many teenage girls do not want to carry a purse or heavy wallet. This card case is a great alternative.
- Google Home
- Gift Cards: If you want to stick to gift cards get them either an Xbox Gift Card, iTunes, Amazon, or a Visa gift card. These are all gift cards they will actually use. Avoid gift cards from stores that are harder to find or get to. Typically my kid spends there iTunes gift cards on the spot.
- Throw Blanket: A soft cozy blanket is a solid gift at any age.
- Hoverboard: Hoverboards are super fun. We’ve had one for years. To make increase the fun get a buggy attachment to turn it into a gocart!
- Personalized Phone Case: Pick out a phone case to match your teen’s personality.
- Personalized YETI: Personalized gifts are always a nice touch.
- Sunglasses: Stylish sunglasses are always a winner.
- Video Games: You really can’t go wrong with video games, cause let’s face it, that’s all they seem to want to do.
Just Dance This game takes no skills, it’s fun and everyone enjoys it. Red Dead Redemption Two (This is a mature game) According to my son Noah, if it hadn’t been for Fortnite this probably would have been game of the year. It’s one of the best games to come out this year. This game is huge and will take up a large amount of storage, so keep this in mind.Super Smash Bros Ultimate (E for Everyone) This is one of the hottest games on the market, that literally anyone can play. All three of my kids love the previous one and they can play it with their friends since it’s an eight-player game.
- Canon Camera: By now your kid is more than old enough to take care of a nicer camera.
- Nike Air Max Sneakers: Who doesn’t need sneakers?
- Jade Roller: This little item is crazy popular.
- PS4: This gaming system does it all. You can game on it, watch Netflix from it, and other handy stuff.
A 1 year, Spotify membership is sure to please any teen. They can listen to their music without commercials.
Make sure they redeem the gift card in time. The cards are only valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. These gift cards are not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as Premium for Family, Premium for Students so find out if the kid already has this before gifting it.
A gift card to StickFix would be fun. With the gift card, they can use it to order a styling for themselves. A personal stylist selects items to fit his or her tastes and wardrobe needs based on a survey they fill out. I recommend getting a minimum of $135 – $250 on the gift card in order to cover the entire styling which includes five items.
Teen Guy Stocking Stuffers
SOUNDOT AF1 In-Ear FM Headphones
POLISHED Gift Set by Dr. Lancer
A POLISHED gift set created by Dr. Lancer and his friend, Ryan Seacrest makes a great teenage guy gift. POLISHED is a dermatologist-developed, tested and approved daily regimen that targets the specific needs of men’s skin and is powered by the highest grade and most innovative ingredients. The line includes an anti-aging serum, dual cleanse and shave, oil-free moisturizer (SPF 30) a daily micro scrub, and daily lip care.
Teen Girl Stocking Stuffers
Herstyler Luxe Infrared Flat Iron
Block Island Organics: Organic Purifying Facial Cleanser
Block Island Organics: Organic Purifying Facial Cleanser is a natural and organic pampering gift great for a teenage girl. It’s the perfect stocking stuffer because it is nice & slim and would fit perfectly into a stocking! It’s an antioxidant and vitamin-rich, organic formula that cleans and freshens skin with gentle botanicals. This cleanser is the perfect way to remove makeup and impurities that build up during the day and night. Ingredients such as rosehip, chamomile, sunflower, burdock, avocado, olive and more combine to purify the skin while maintaining its moisture balance. It’s suitable for all skin types.
You can’t go wrong with Lush Bath Bombs, but if you do not want to spend that kind of money on a bath bomb you can make them yourself: DIY Bath Bombs.
Funny, mismatched socks are always a hit with teens. And if they do not need to match, laundry day gets a lot easier! PalsSocks! are $12.99 a pair. Teen girls will like the Unicorn/Dragon combo.
Have you discovered a good gift for teens? We would love to hear about it in the comments below!