Are you looking for the right Christmas gifts for teens?
Well, you are in luck, because I have two teens and together we’ve put together a list of Christmas gift ideas for teens! As we think of more teenager gift ideas I will come back and update this list.
Best Gifts for Teens
This gift guide for teens is broken up into multiple sections. We’ve found gifts that are good for just guys or just girls or for both. Some of these gifts are better suited to be stocking stuffers. We’ve broken this guide into categories to better help you find the perfect teen gift. Good luck and happy shopping.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Gifts for Teens
- Headphones are always a good idea like Beats.
- Makeup: Teen girls are most likely wearing makeup. I do not recommend getting them heavy makeup, but I certainly recommend certain things. Here is a list of makeup I recommend for teen girls.
- One good eyeshadow palette: You do not need to buy an assortment of eyeshadows instead invest in a nice palette for her with a variety of colors. My four favorites are ABH Face Makeup Palette, Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette, Too Faced Soft Eyes Shadow Collection, and Younique’s Customizable Palette.
- Mascara that won’t flake: Mascara is pretty basic and most teen girls wear it, but they are not all good. My daughter has allergies, so her go-to mascara is Younique Moodstuck Epic Mascara.
- Scarf: Sometimes a simple gift like a Plaid Scarf is something teens will use the most.
- JBL Bluetooth Speaker – This one is waterproof and has a long battery life which makes it a great shower speaker. If this one isn’t good for your budget, check out this much cheaper one the SKYWING Soundace S8 5W Shower Speaker for $18.
- Nano Drone: Drones are super fun, but you don’t want to invest too much since they can crash.
- Slippers – Slippers make a great gift at any age, but considering many teens tendency for leisurewear they will definitely appreciate them. UGG Slippers
- Depending on your teenager they might still enjoy Lego sets, especially a collectible set. LEGO Architecture Set
- Initial Necklace: I think by the time a girl is a teenager, she is probably wearing jewelry every day like an initial necklace. Other jewelry they will love is anything from Kendra Scott or basic button pearl earrings. This is something that can work when she dresses up or when she’s casual. Pearls go with everything.
Build Your Own Charm Necklace
Teen girls will love showing off their individuality with this necklace, perfect for everyday wear! Create an Isabelle Grace charm necklace just for her with your choice of either a 16 or 18-inch silver plated chain, the initial charm of your choice, their birthstone, and one whimsical charm. Charms include choices like a Unicorn, Bird, Dragonfly, Ice Cream Cone, Ladybug, Palm Tree, Sea Horse, Snowflake, Sun, and Tiara. These necklaces cost $58.00.
- Pajama Pants: An easy item to pick out is some sort of pajama pants like these Leopard Print Pajama Pants:
- External Battery – There are lots of good external batteries on the market. We really like the Powerstation PD Portable Battery because it charges 2.5x faster.
- Kate Spade Card Case: Many teenage girls do not want to carry a purse or heavy wallet. This card case is a great alternative.
- Google Home
- Gift Cards: If you want to stick to gift cards get them either an Xbox Gift Card, iTunes, Amazon, or a Visa gift card. These are all gift cards they will actually use. Avoid gift cards from stores that are harder to find or get to. Typically my kid spends their iTunes gift cards on the spot.
- Throw Blanket: A soft cozy blanket is a solid gift at any age. Oddly enough, this is something my teens almost always ask for.
- Hoverboard: Hoverboards are super fun. We’ve had one for years. To make increase the fun get a buggy attachment to turn it into a gocart! Here’s a funny video of Jonah before he was a teenager having a dance on a hoverboard.
- Personalized Phone Case: Pick out a phone case to match your teen’s personality.
- Personalized YETI: Personalized gifts are always a nice touch.
- Sunglasses: Stylish sunglasses are always a winner.
- Video Games: You really can’t go wrong with video games, cause let’s face it, that’s all they seem to want to do.Just Dance This game takes no skills, it’s fun and everyone enjoys it. Red Dead Redemption Two (This is a mature game) According to my son Noah, if it hadn’t been for Fortnite this probably would have been game of the year. It’s one of the best games to come out this year. This game is huge and will take up a large amount of storage, so keep this in mind.Super Smash Bros Ultimate (E for Everyone) This is one of the hottest games on the market, that literally anyone can play. All three of my kids love the previous one and they can play it with their friends since it’s an eight-player game.
- Camera: By now your kid is more than old enough to take care of a nicer camera. Something like a Canon Camera or a Sony a6300 Mirrorless Camera
- Nike Air Max Sneakers: Who doesn’t need sneakers?
- Jade Roller: This little item is crazy popular.
- PS4: This gaming system does it all. You can game on it, watch Netflix from it, and other handy stuff. I would recommend the PS5 but it’s still too hard to get. I know cause I’ve tried for a year now.
If you want to buy a family with teens a gift this printer would be fantastic. Families with teens are doing way more printing than a family without teens. Make their life easier with one. I personally recommend the EcoTank ET-2850 it’s an innovative cartridge-free printer that uses high-capacity, easily refillable ink tanks. So teens won’t have to worry about running out of ink. The ET-2850 has great print quality, auto-duplex printing, a high-resolution flatbed scanner, and a convenient color display making it the perfect family printer. With more and more kids doing school from home this is a great addition. Buy on Amazon.
A 1 year, Spotify membership is sure to please any teen. They can listen to their music without commercials. This is what my daughter has asked for every year.
Make sure they redeem the gift card in time. The cards are only valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. These gift cards are not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as Premium for Family, Premium for Students so find out if the kid already has this before gifting it.
A gift card to StickFix would be fun. With the gift card, they can use it to order a styling for themselves. A personal stylist selects items to fit his or her tastes and wardrobe needs based on a survey they fill out. I recommend getting a minimum of $135 – $250 on the gift card in order to cover the entire styling which includes five items.
Help your kids release some stress by playing with therapy dough. The Squeeze Aromatherapy Therapy Dough Stress Ball Made 100% Peppermint Essential Oils is the one I recommend.
Teen Stocking Stuffers
Tesalate Workout Towel
This sand-free towel is an antibacterial, odor-free workout towel with a bold and vibrant vibe. It’s perfect for teens in sports or teens that workout.
They use zinc in the construction of the workout towel fabric and it acts as an antibacterial agent. Unlike other antimicrobial substances such as silver and copper, zinc-based additives are broad-spectrum antimicrobials. This means they are effective against not just bacteria but also the growth of fungi including algae, mold, and mildew that causes odor build-up. Buy now.
Jabra is a great brand. We’ve had many of their products over the years and they hold up really well over time and they are comfortable in your ear. Thanks to the adjustable Active Noise Cancellation the sound is excellent. Buy on Amazon.
If you’ve got a teen that likes to take baths you can’t go wrong with Lush Bath Bombs, but if you do not want to spend that kind of money on a bath bomb you can make them yourself: DIY Bath Bombs.
Have you discovered a good gift for teens? We would love to hear about it in the comments below!