Cranberry Chicken is a delicious recipe that is so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you haven’t had this on your menu yet.
It is a great way to use up leftover cranberry after the holidays, or just bring a pop of flavor to otherwise ordinary chicken breasts.
Easy Cranberry Chicken Recipe
While this is a stove top version of Cranberry Chicken, you can easily make it in your favorite slow cooker. I love using this Programmable Slow Cooker so I can make something like this and have it turn to warm when it is done cooking. That makes this meal, even easier to manage on busy days!
Ingredients for Cranberry Chicken Recipe:
As you can see, most of this is probably already in your pantry. That makes it way easier to throw this together at the last minute if needed!
- Heat canned cranberry sauce and frozen cranberries in large saucepan.
- To thicken the cranberry sauce, combine cornstarch and water using a whisk to mix.
- Add this mixture to the saucepan with the cranberry sauce.
- Continue to whisk while cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Add the honey, ginger, allspice, and cinnamon to the sauce, stir to mix well.
- Salt and pepper the chicken. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet, allowing the olive oil to slowly heat up.
- Add the chicken breast, browning on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, each side of the breast.
- Spoon the cranberries and thickened sauce over the chicken breast allowing the sauce to cook into the meat.
- Transfer the meat to a serving plate and spoon the remaining cranberries and sauce on top of the meat.
If using the Crockpot for this meal, simply combine the cranberry sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and pour over the top of chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Cook on high heat for 3 hours.
More Chicken Recipes: