Are you ready for the big game day party?
Here’s a delicious recipe for crockpot al pastor taco boats that are sure to be a hit with your family or guests.
We are massive football fans and at this point I have hosted so many football parties that I have officially lost count. This year I am hosting a party just teenagers.
I am making an assortment of appetizers and sweets, but my goal is to contain the mess and stop food waste. To do this I am serving multiple things in Old El Paso Mini Soft Taco boats. The boats are perfect for teens, tweens, and kids, because it essentially holds in all the filling. So it’s a taco, but it’s less mess because it’s a taco boat. You can buy these Old El Paso taco boats at your local WalMart.
In order to save time and make more than one thing at a time I am utilizing my crockpot. In addition to this crockpot al pastor taco boat recipe I will be making crockpot chili verde and crockpot refried beans.
Crockpot Al Pastor Taco Boats
- 1 box mini soft taco boats
- Sour Cream
- 2 guajillo chilies
- 4 ancho chilies
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 can pineapple chunks
- 1 can of chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 8 lbs piece of pork
1/2 can pineapple chunks
1 small onion (chopped)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
lime wedges (optional)
- Bring the guajillo and ancho chilies to boil in a pot of water.
- Turn off the heat and let the chilies rehydrate for an hour.
- In a blender, puree the chilies, onion, 4 slices of pineapple, chipotle chili in adobo sauce, vinegar, garlic, salt, oregano and cumin.
- Place thawed out piece of pork into crockpot. Cut into 1 – 1.5 inch slices, but only about half way down the piece.
- Cover the pork in the sauce completely and let it cook in the crockpot for 7-8 hours.
- Shred the pork and mix it with the sauce well.
- Serve in an Old El Paso mini taco boat topped with chopped pineapple, onions, and cilantro mixture along with a lime.
This post is sponsored by Old El Paso
More Crock Pot Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan