After my husband came home from a deployment to the desert a few years ago we wanted to go eat Middle Eastern food. I was kind of on the fence about it, but after a trip to a local Lebanese food restaurant in our town I became a fan. One of my favorite things to order is the chicken or beef schwarma. Recently they doubled the price of this dish, so I wondered if I could figure out how to make this at home. Well, not only did I figure it out, but I used my crockpot. I love my crockpot.
Crockpot Chicken Shawarma
- 7 Tbs. lemon juice
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. curry paste (I use yellow)
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Greek yogurt
- Saffron Rice
- Stir lemon juice, olive oil, salt, curry paste, cayenne pepper and garlic together.
- Lay chicken in slow cooker across the bottom.
- Pour mixture over the top, stirring to coat the chicken.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Once it is done cooking, shred the chicken and stir together well.
- Serve over Saffron rice and top with diced tomatoes and Greek yogurt.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Fancy Pants Chicken Casserole
- Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Cranberry Chicken
- Chinese Chicken Salad like the Cheesecake Factory
- Easy BBQ Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Parmesan
- Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
- White Chicken Chili
- Baked Wine Chicken Casserole
- Tex-Mex Chicken Curry
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
More Crock Pot Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan