Making homemade body scrubs is incredibly easy and fun. This one is in honor of Valentine’s day and makes the perfect gift to give to a teacher, friend, daughter, sister, or basically anyone because everyone will enjoy a cherry sugar scrub.
Cherry Vanilla Body Scrub Recipe
Body Scrub Ingredients:
3 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups Coconut oil
4 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
4 Tbsp of Cherry Extract
Red food coloring
Body Scrub Directions:
Mix the sugar, Oil, and in a bowl.
Mix it up until all of the oil is blended in.
Then divide the sugar mix equally into two bowls.
Add 4 Tbsp. of Vanilla Extract in bowl 1 and mix until combined
Add 4 Tbsp. of Cherry Extract, 1 Tbsp. of Red food coloring in bowl 2 and mix until combined
Begin to layer your scrubs in your Mason Jar. Have fun, be creative. I prefer the layered look evenly spaced in the jar.
If you do not have any coconut oil you could substitute almond oil.
You can use this recipe and use essential oils instead of extracts. I recommend using Doterra oils. You could make it peppermint or vanilla. You can also switch out the food coloring and make your body scrub any color you want.
How to Use:
- Use all over for a full-body experience or concentrate on areas that need some extra love (such as the chest, arms, elbows, legs, and anywhere else that needs attention)
- As a daily body scrub: Apply on wet skin and gently massage in circular motions to polish and purify the skin.
Another fun thing to make for Valentine’s Day is bath bombs.
- white sugar
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Cherry Extract
- red food coloring
- Mason Jar
- Mix the sugar and coconut oil in a bowl. Mix it up until all of the oil is blended in.
- Then divide the sugar mix equally into two bowls.
- Add 4 Tbsp. of Vanilla Extract in bowl 1 and mix until combined.
- Add 4 Tbsp. of Cherry Extract, 1 Tbsp. of Red food coloring in bowl 2 and mix until combined.
- Layer your scrubs in your Mason Jar.
By using other types of essential oils you can change the scent to whichever is your favorite.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.