I had the pleasure of spending the day at the Explorean resort in Cozumel. This is a four star all-inclusive resort near the Chankanaab National Park and Felipe Xicotencatl Shipwreck.
For the first time ever I went out on a hobby cat. It was great fun until it sank, but that is a whole other story. Needless to say next time I will stick to paddle boarding! I would post a photo, but I look super irritated in all the photos!
While I was here I lounged by the pool, took a dip in the hotel, and had an insanely good lunch. For lunch we started with chips, salsa, guacamole, and empanadas. This was followed by a watermelon salad. The main course was a chicken and rice dish. And of course there was dessert. Overall the lunch I had here at Lool K`an was the best food I had the entire time I was in Mexico!
The All-Inclusive Plan Includes:
- All meals at Lool K`an Restaurant and dining at select restaurants located at the sister property, Fiesta Americana Cozumel
- Drinks at the on-site Bar Centro and select bars at Fiesta Americana Cozumel
- Daily cultural, ecological and adventure activities as well as nightly shows
- Access to fitness facility
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic domestic and international premium brand beverages
- Access to Fiesta Americana Cozumel facilities including Restaurants, Beach Club Coffee Corner, Movie Theatre, Teens Club, etc.
- Wi-Fi access, local landline calls and use of computer desk
- In-room safe
- All hotel taxes and service charges
- Paddle boarding
- Hobby Cats
Casita All-Inclusive Amenities: The Casita features a private terrace with views of the Mayan Jungle. Bedding includes either one kind bed or two double beds. Complimentary bottled water, In-room safe, Free Wi-Fi.
- airport transfers
More About the Quintana Roo Area
- Pac Chen Mayan Adventure
- Coba Mayan Ruins
- Tulum Ruins
- Ventura Park an Amusement and Water Park
- Sea Trek at Aquarium Cancun
Helpful Guide Books and blog posts:
- Quintana Roo: The Ultimate Family Adventure
- Moon Yucatan Peninsula Travel Guide
- Lonely Planet Cancun, Cozumel, & the Yucatan Travel Guide
- Things to do in Cancun
Other places to stay in Quintana Roo:
Should You Get Travel Insurance?
Don’t forget travel insurance! I’m a fan of Travelex insurance, because of the variety of options. Protect yourself from possible injury & theft abroad. I have gotten extremely sick twice now out of the country and Noah has had seizures in other countries, so I always recommend getting some sort of coverage. Read more about why you should always carry travel insurance here.
If you are looking for a car rental I recommend getting the car at the Cancun Airport. It will make things easier. This entire area is easy to drive around in. Get a Cancun car rental for $11 a day!