Find out how to get groceries without ever having to step foot in the store with Fred Meyer Clicklist a grocery pickup service. This post is sponsored by Kroger.
Jump Ahead To
Fred Meyer Clicklist
I am so totally and completely exhausted. I flew back in from Europe last night and that was after trying to get home for two days. I was gone for right over two weeks and all the food in my house has gone bad, of course. And on top of that, I have 3 hungry kids looking at me wondering when I am going to the grocery store. Now, have I mentioned how exhausted I am. I do not want to go grocery shopping. And thanks to Fred Meyer Clicklist grocery pickup I don’t have to!
What is Clicklist aka Fred Meyer Grocery Pickup?
Clicklist is a service offered at Fred Meyer and other Kroger stores, including Publix, Fry’s, Dillon’s, and Smiths, where you can pick out your groceries online and then at the time you select, you can pull up to the store and they will load them into your car. You never have to step foot into the store!
You can shop for more than 40,000 items, including fresh produce, meat and seafood, dairy and frozen products, across the entire store with more products being added all the time.
All you have to do is set up an account with them, which is quick, easy, and free. Once you have an account, you pick out what groceries you want.
Grocery Shop From Home – Ordering Groceries is Easy
I already had an account so I just logged in and started picking out what I wanted. I have a reward card here so they know what I usually buy and they put those items at the top of the page. This is quite helpful. They also have a section that shows if the items you usually buy are on sale.
They have a variety of recipes on the shopping portal as well. This makes it easy to quickly shop for everything you need from the ingredient list. I enjoy being able to make something new once a week. In case you are looking for a new recipe I have lots just search under the recipe tab!
Quality and freshness are ClickList’s top priorities. Order selectors hand-select produce, meat and seafood items for each order with quality and freshness top of mind.
One hidden benefit of grocery shopping online is the ability to cut out impulse buying. Not to mention the time saved. I save so much time with Kroger grocery pickup.
What you need to know about Fred Meyer Clicklist
Here are some things you need to know about Clicklist.
- The 1st time using the Clicklist is free, but after that, there is a small fee $4.95. Occasionally, they will send you coupons for a free pickup.
- In order to get pick up your groceries the next day, your order must be submitted by midnight.
- You get to select your pickup time.
- You can make changes to your cart up until midnight the night before pickup.
- You do not pay for the groceries until you pick them up.
- You do not tip for this service.
- If the store is offering sale items, these same sale items will be available through Clicklist.
- You will receive a confirmation email for your order.
- You can opt to receive a text confirmation as well. If you get a text alert they will notify you if your items are not in stock to see if you want an alternative item.
You can use coupons on your Fred Meyer Clicklist order!
- You can use paper coupons when you arrive. If you have a rewards account with them, they will mail you coupons once a month. Sometimes there is a coupon for $5 off in there! Plus, they customize the coupons, so they will be for items you already buy. They also have digital coupons available for you to load onto your account, but these are not customized.
- You can load digital coupons and if you buy the product the coupon is immediately applied. Typically, if there is a digital coupon available for the item you are buying it will show up in the little box under the item and you can quickly check the box to have the coupon applied.
Email and Text Reminder
The morning I was supposed to pick up my groceries I received an email reminder. I drove over to the store and pulled up to the designated area. There is an area you pull up to first let them know you are there and then they tell you which stall to pull into closer to the store.
A worker comes out and goes over your receipt with you. They will let you know if any items went unfilled or if any substitutions were made. Then, if everything looks good to you, you make your payment and some else comes and loads your groceries into the car. I never stepped foot outside my car! How sweet is that?
Will Fred Meyer pickup let me know what is available?
If there are substitutions, Fred Meyer will email you or text you. You will have the chance to either accept the substitutions or reject them.
Here is a video of my experience with Clicklist.
Since experiencing Clicklist service I tried the home delivery. It was nice having them delivered, but I had to tip, so instead I stick to Clicklist.
I know what you are thinking, travel perks? No, there’s no specific perk given to you by Fred Meyer. The perk is being able to order groceries from your cell phone and picking them up when you get back to town. Instead of coming home to a house with nothing to eat or drink, you can just pick them up on your way home! I order my groceries once from the airplane. One my way home, I swung by and picked them up!
If you are traveling somewhere that you need groceries you can place a Clicklist order with any nearby Kroger store. For example, we always get groceries in Orlando to help cut costs. You can order, then and pick them up on the way to your hotel or vacation home. How handy is that? I love stuff that simplifies my life!
Military Discount an Extra 10% OFF
Your Military Discount includes:
- Private Brand Groceries including Fred Meyer, Kroger, Simple Truth & more brands. Private Brands include: Fred Meyer, Kroger, Simple Truth and Private Selection; also Abound, Big K, Check This Out, Comforts, Cool Classic, Country Oven, Delaneys, Deluxe, Everyday Living, First Choice, Fresh Selections, Golden Crown, Heritage Farm, Home Sense, Kalbarri, Kivu, Krystov, Luvsome, Mountain Dairy, Nature’s Song, Old Yeller, Party Pail, Pet Pride, Prestige, Private Selection Natural, Private Selection Organic, Tampico, Turkey Hill, Vita Bee and Wholesome @ Home.
I love that they give the military a discount on groceries. Now if Amazon Prime would follow Kroger’s lead.
Kroger Grocery Delivery
Yes, Fred Meyer home delivery is available too, for a fee and you have to tip the person that brings the groceries to your home. The first time you opt for this option you get free delivery, but there’s still a tip.
I got super worried the first time, because I was expecting someone from the store to deliver my groceries. Instead, it’s someone that that basically runs errands for a living. They do the shopping for you and then they deliver it. I had no cash to tip this person and felt horrible. But after my groceries were mark delivered I was given the opportunity to add a tip. Thank goodness!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fred Meyer. The opinions and text are all mine.