After any special holiday, I tend to have a lot of leftover ham that I don’t necessarily want to keep eating, but I do not want to throw out. So, I’m always trying to come up with some way to use the leftover ham. After Easter this year I decided to use the ham to make an Easy Breakfast Casserole and it turned out really good. Of course, keep in mind that I’m a sucker for a good breakfast casserole!
Easy Breakfast Casserole with Ham, Potato & Cheese
Making an easy breakfast casserole doesn’t get any better than this. Ham, potato, and cheese go naturally together. This is so simple that even a novice cook should be able to make it in no time. You could even make a few batches of this and freeze for future breakfasts.
You could even make a few batches of this and freeze for future breakfasts. I like using some freezer to oven storage containers for making meals like this easy to thaw and cook on busier mornings or weekends I want something yummy but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
- 1 bag shredded hash browns
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups ham, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Colby jack cheese (save ¼ cup of topping)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt & pepper
- Add ham & cheese. Stir well.
- Spread the mixture into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and milk
- Pour evenly over hash brown mixture
- Top with ¼ cup cheese
- Baking at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. It’s ready when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Mix casserole following instructions. Cover in foil and place in refrigerator overnight. Bake following instructions.
As you can see, this Easy Breakfast Casserole is a great option for making ahead and serving for breakfast the next day. This saves a ton of time in the mornings, and of course, makes meal time easier on a busy day. For those who are looking for something to make and portion control, it is also a great way to have a satisfying meal packed with protein that will keep you full for hours.