All the basic rooms are suites and look like this. It was nice having so much room. If I had the kids with me we would have had plenty of room. Although I felt like it was not a kid-friendly hotel there were families staying here and a few kids at the pool. And I have to add that they were having a great time. Plus, if you need a refrigerator they will bring you one. All you have to do is ask!
The roof top pool was my favorite part of the hotel. I only had time to hang out there for a couple of hours, but man it was nice. The swimming pool itself is pretty small and there is not a ton of seating, but there’s an outdoor bar and the vibe is chill. There is a large bar out there too.
My second favorite part of staying here was the shower. Who knew having two shower heads would be so great. I had no idea. Now I want to do this at my house, which will never happen.
More Fun Amenities
- Complimentary Electra Bicycles
- Free WiFi
- 24-hour fitness center
- Valet parking
- 24-hour business center
Close to Attractions
The location was unbeatable, right in the Gaslamp Quarter near lots of restaurants and bars.
There were two restaurants here I enjoyed quite a bit.
- Rustic Root – Rustic Root had good food and drinks. I love the upstairs area where you can over look the Gaslamp District. The Firecracker shrimp pictured below are yummy and so are their cocktails.
The Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is also close to Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo. I didn’t make it to the zoo and only drove through Balboa park. But I did snap some pictures around Balboa Park.
- Petco Park – 4 min walk
- San Diego Convention Center – 5 min walk
- Seaport Village – 15 min walk
- USS Midway Museum – 22 min walk
- Balboa Park – 26 min walk
- Port of San Diego – 26 min walk
- B Street Cruise Ship Terminal – 27 min walk
- Westfield Horton Plaza – 13 min walk
- Navy Pier – 22 min walk
- San Diego City College – 24 min walk
Find out what other travelers thought about the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego on TripAdvisor.