Anytime Eden has a sleepover we end up making these donuts. It’s become such a tradition her friends expect us to make donuts anytime they come over. I learned to make these when I was a kid and we did the same thing.
Easy Biscuit Donuts Recipe
I make simple biscuit donuts. There is nothing fancy about this recipe, but it is perfect for giving your family a last minute treat! I took a can of biscuits punched out the middles with a medicine cup to make donuts and doughnut holes. Then I fried them and rolled them in sugar and cinnamon. They kids are able to help with all steps of this except the frying.
If you want to do this a lot, you may want to invest in some small cookie cutters or a donut cutter for punching the hole out of the center to make donut holes. You may also want to try your hand at rolling and twisting for fun designs!
Ingredients for Biscuit Donuts:
1 or 2 cans of small biscuits
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
Directions for Biscuit Donuts:
- Lay out a piece of wax paper or a cutting board. Spread the biscuits out on the paper. Using a cookie or donut cutter, cut out the middles of the biscuits.
- Use the round biscuit dough you just cut out to make donut holes. The biscuits missing the middle will now make perfect donuts.
- Mix up the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil on medium heat in a frying pan/skillet. Once the oil is hot enough place your dough pieces in the oil and fry them until golden brown.
- Once golden brown take them out of the oil and roll them in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. When you’ve coated them they are ready to serve and eat.
This biscuit donuts recipe is one of those great semi-homemade meals that everyone really loves. Whether you use a deep fryer to cook them, or you fry in a shalow pan like I did, they will turn out great!
As you can see, making biscuit donuts is a super easy recipe that everyone loves. I try to always keep a few cans of biscuits in the refrigertor just in case we want a last minute late night snack, or an early morning treat. If you prefer, you can use simple powdered sugar or even make a glaze for these biscuit donuts. Whatever you chose, they are sure to become a family favorit recipe!