This post is for all my readers out there that are avid fishers or into sport fishing. It is also for my readers that have ever taken a charter fishing trip and come back empty handed.
Are you familiar with the all inclusive fishing resorts in Alaska where you are guaranteed to catch some fish? Did you even know there was such thing as an all inclusive fishing resort? Well, there is and there are two of them in Alaska, Steamboat Bay Fishing Club and Waterfall Resort Both are in amazing locations with stunning surroundings and all-inclusive. All-inclusive features include:
- All equipment needed such as high quality rods, reels, tackle, bait and any all-weather gear guests may need is included.
- The fish processing team professionally cleans, trims, packs and freezes guests’ catch to order.
- An on-site Alaska Airlines agent so guests can check in bags and fish boxes before leaving the resort, eliminating check in lines at the airport.
Waterfall Resort is a beautiful salt water sport fishing lodge renovated from an historic 1912 wild Alaska sea food cannery and can accommodate up to 92 guests. It is located on the west coast of Prince of Wales Island by SE Alaska’s Inside Passage, which happens to be one of the most famous fishing locations on earth and only a hour and a half flight from Seattle. Here at Alaska’s most popular fishing lodge guests can expect to catch a variety of fish including my husband’s favorite the king salmon (Chinook) as well as Coho Salmon, halibut, ling cod, red snapper, black bass and rock fish. Kids are allowed and receive a 15% discount. Amenities include:
- 3 meals a day, and wine with dinner.
- A 100 year-old nature trail through the Tongass National Forest to Waterfall Creek
Steamboat Bay Fishing Club is a more exclusive experience with room for only 16 guests. It features six Ocean-front suites and four Forest-view suites. The resort is located on Noyes Island by SE Alaska’s Inside Passage, another of the most famous fishing locations on earth and still only an hour and a half by plane from Seattle. Here you will catch fish like king salmon (Chinook), Coho Salmon, ling cod, red snapper, black cod and rock fish and my favorite halibut.
Amenities here include:
- Hosted open bar with complimentary drinks, including Pacific coast wines, Alaskan microbrew and brand name beer, premium spirits and mixers, and a wide selection of soft drinks too.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access in every room.
- Ocean-front suites also include a wood-burning stove that they will light for you upon request ensuring for a warm welcome after your fishing trip.
- Each room has its own private bathroom with shower, sitting area, kitchenette with wet bar, and deck access. Pillow top mattresses, premium linens, coffee makers, hair dryers.
- The executive chef prepares fresh menus daily, and customizes each order to guests’ personal preferences.
- Sauna, hot tub, kayaks, wi-fi, and a club room with pool tables, cards and a big screen TV.