Almost every restaurant in Portland, Oregon offers some sort of happy hour. And since Portland is such a kid-friendly city it is no surprise that many of the happy hours in town would allow kids. Here are some of our favorite places to go and enjoy a happy hour and save money on eating out.
27 Kid-Friendly Happy Hours in Portland, Oregon
1. Punch Bowl Social – Punch Bowl Social is an upscale bowling ally inside of Pioneer Place shopping mall with happy hour from 3 – 6 PM and 10 PM to close every day. During happy hour they offer discounts on food and drinks. Located inside the mall at 333 NW 23rd Ave, Portland, OR 97210.
2. Bhuna – Bhuna is a casual Indian restaurant with happy hour from 11 am – 6 pm daily. You can get a beer and a bowl for $11. Whatever you order be sure to try the lotus root fries. Located at 704 NW 21st Avenue, Portland, OR 97209.
3. Luc Lac – Luc Lac is so good and they have a great happy hour. Their happy hour is daily from 4-7 pm with $4-6 beer, wine, & $7 “dealer’s choice” cocktails, plus $2-3 small plates & salads. Located at 835 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97204.
4. Red Star Tavern – Red Star offers happy hour from 4 – 8 PM every day! All items on the happy hour menu are $5 or 3 for $13. Drink specials start at $4. Located at 503 SW Alder St, Portland, OR 97204.
5. Pips & Bounce – Pips & Bounce is a ping pong restaurant/bar with a different kind of happy hour Tuesday – Thursday from 3 – 6 PM you and your kids and can get a 1/2 hour free play with the purchase of two drinks. Located at 833 SE Belmont St, Portland, OR 97214.
6. Little Bird Bistro – Little Bird Bistro offers happy hour Monday through Friday from 2:30 to 5 PM in the bar only and then again from 10 PM to midnight in the entire restaurant. So, if you are out late with your kids this is a great late-night spot to go too. They always have a hamburger on the happy hour menu. Located at 215 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97204.
7. Southpark Seafood – Southpark Seafood offers a happy hour from 3-6 PM every day. They have lots of food and drink options for $5 each. Located at 901 SW Salmon St, Portland, OR 97205.
8. The Waiting Room – Over on NW 23rd is a delicious southern food restaurant with a family-friendly happy hour Tuesday through Friday from 4 pm -6 pm. Located at 2327 NW Kearney St, Portland, OR 97210.
9. Xport – Xport is a beautiful rooftop bar at the Porter hotel with lovely views of Portland. They have happy hour 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Get the tacos! Located at 1355 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97201.
10. Tamale Boy – Tamale Boy – Tamale Boy on Dekum offers happy hour Monday through Friday from 3 to 6 p.m. and then again at 9 p.m. to close. The drinks are discounted, but the food is not. Their food is so good and the patio is fabulous. I just wish that they offered their happy hour at their airport location too. Located at 1764 NE Dekum St, Portland, OR 97211.
11. Serrato – Serratto offers kid-friendly, happy hour every day from 4 – 6 PM with $5 cosmos and lemon drops! They have lots of options kids will like, including pizza, calamari, and spaghetti. Located at 2112 NW Kearney St, Portland, OR 97210.
12. Laurelwood Brew Pub – Laurelwood is kid-friendly whether it’s happy hour or not. Kids are always welcome and they even have little play areas for kids. They offer their kid-friendly happy hour every day from 3 – 6 PM with pints for just $3.75. Food options include burgers, salads, wings, and more. Located at 5115 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97213.
13. Saint Honore Bakery – At their Division location only, the happy hour menu is available each day from 4 p.m. until close. I can’t remember what is on their happy hour menu, but I know that their food is wonderful. Located at 3333 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97202.
15. Redwood – Redwood has a kid-friendly happy hour every day from 5 – 6 PM with awesome choices like wings, fries, burgers, pulled pork sandwiches and discounts on beer and wine. Located at 7915 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97215.
16. Pacific Pie Company – Pacific Pie Company is good, but a little high priced for dinner. That’s why it’s awesome that they have a kid-friendly happy hour! Your kids will like their mini sausage rolls or a slice of one of their amazing sweet pies. Plus, you can enjoy a cheap drink.
17. McMenamins – Almost all of the McMenamins offer a daily happy hour from 3-6 PM. This includes the Bagdad Pub, Kennedy School, the Powerstation Pub at the Edgefield, and many more. Each place has some variation of their standard menu. Almost everywhere you can get their cajun tots for $2.50 and a $3 salad, plus whatever else the location offers. Not to mention the $4.25 pints. Try the Ruby if you aren’t sure which beer to order.
18. Pambiche – Pambiche has a Cuban happy hour Monday – Friday from 2-6 pm, Friday & Saturday from 10 pm-midnight. They have reduced-price beer, wine, & cocktails, and discounted food. Located at 2811 NE Glisan Street, Portland, Oregon 97232.
19. Life of Pie – Life of Pie has an awesome happy hour all day long from 11 AM – 6 PM with $5 Margherita pizzas. They have multiple locations: 1765 NW 23rd Avenue and 3632 N Williams Avenue.
20. Powerstation Pub at the Edgefield – The Powerstation Pub offers happy hour Monday – Friday from 3 – 6 PM with discounts on drinks and food. They offer happy hour inside and outside. Located 2126 SW Halsey St, Troutdale, OR 97060.
21. Thai Bloom – This is a yummy Thai food restaurant on NW 23rd. Their happy hour is available for all ages and served only in the lounge area. They offer happy hour multiple times throughout the week: 3:30 to 5:30 PM daily, 8 PM to Close Mon -Thursday, 9 PM to Close Fri – Sat, and All Day Sunday.
22. Altabira – Altabira, located on the top floor of the Hotel Eastlund, offers a daily happy hour from 4 – 6 PM. They have food and drink specials starting at $4. Located at 1021 NE Grand Ave #600, Portland, OR 97232.
23. Migration Brewing – Migration Brewery has happy hour Monday – Friday from 3 to 5 PM with $3.75 pints and slightly discounted food. Located at 2828 NE Glisan St, Portland, OR 97232.
24. Dave and Buster’s – The Dave & Buster’s in Clackamas at the mall offers happy hour Monday – Friday from 3 to 6 PM with discounts on drinks including 1/2 Price Cocktails, $2.50 Domestic Pints, $1 Off 22oz Drafts, $1 Off Wine Glasses, and $3 Off Wine Bottles.
25. Clarklewis – Clarklewis offers a family-friendly happy hour from 4:30 to 6:30 pm Monday – Saturday. They have food items priced between $1 – $7 and discounted drinks. Located at 1001 SE Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214.
26. Jackrabbit – Jackrabbit has Happy Hour 7 Days a Week from 2 pm – 5 pm. Their Coin Toss cocktail is awesome! Located at 830 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97204.
27. Memoz Dessert Cafe – Memoz has create you own desserts, wine, and beer for happy hour Monday – Friday from 3 PM -6 PM. Located at 3494 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR 97227.
Do you know a good family-friendly happy hour in Portland we should check out? Leave your recommendation in the comments below!