Are you getting a divorce?
Do you feel depressed over it?
My advice: Turn that frown upside down! Take a vacation from stress and depression and head to Vegas to celebrate your new life with a freedom party.
Just because things did not go your way previously does not mean that’s the way things will be forever. Embrace the new and kick it off with a divorce party.
Table of Contents
Vegas Freedom Party aka Divorce Party
For some reason or another, I found myself going to Vegas a lot lately. Twice for bachelorette parties and now twice for freedoms parties.
What’s a Freedom Party?
A freedom party is when you throw a divorce party. Embrace your new-found freedom. And let’s face it, there is just something about Vegas that sets you free, so it’s a good place to go!
I went to Vegas just over a month after my divorce was finalized. This was my first time in Vegas as a single woman! Sure, I had been there before, and in fact, the kids and I lived there, but it was not the same. I am here to tell you that every newly divorced woman in America should go to Las Vegas and celebrate their new life.
If you can’t go to Vegas I recommend Mykonos, Greece, Cancun, or Bangkok, Thailand.
Shopping For Your Freedom Party
I bet you haven’t been putting yourself first for a while. So treat yourself to new clothes. You deserve them. And while you are at it, get yourself a freedom shirt and a divorce necklace! Most of these clothes are available for purchase if you click on them it should take you to whatever site is selling them. It took me forever to find these!
Besides a few items making it clear you are single and ready to mingle I recommend picking up new swimsuit, swimsuit cover-up, and new heels to go with your new little black dress.
Find out what to wear at night in Las Vegas!
I personally recommend buying items that maximize your assets and minimize self-consciousness. For example, you might be a mom like me and nursed a few babies, so get a push-up swimsuit top with support. I find that the larger I can make my chest appear the smaller my waist appears. (No, I’m not kidding. Don’t judge me!) If you are not ready to commit to a Vegas-type dress consider using Rent the Runway to rent a designer dress for your single debut.
Planning Your Freedom Party
Now on to planning the other details like where to stay, where to eat, and what to do while you are in Vegas.
Where to Stay
I recommend staying somewhere that has all of these in one. It can be time-consuming to get from one place to another in Las Vegas. So, instead of spending time in a cab, stay somewhere with lots of action, like the Cosmopolitan.
There are lots of hotels that will have all of this like the Venetian and The Palazzo. But since my current favorite is the Cosmopolitan that’s the one I am recommending. It has everything you need like:
- Spacious rooms with two beds: With two beds up to four friends can stay together and split costs.
- Indulgent restaurants: The Cosmopolitan has some awesome restaurants, my two favorites are China Poblano and Jaleo.
- Hot Nightclub: The Marquee nightclub continues to be one of the top nightclubs in Las Vegas. The outdoor portion with the rooftop patio has amazing views.
- Fun Dayclub: The Marquee is also a day club with private cabanas offering bottle service, private hot tubs, and a live DJ.
- If you are worried about getting into the clubs use my club promoter!
- Pool Time: The Cosmopolitan has two other pools, besides the day club. The Boulevard pool is lively and overlooks the strip. Besides lounging next to the pool, there’s a gaming area with pool tables and video games. The Bamboo pool is a more quiet area. So, if you are looking to relax and read a book, head there.
- Shopping: You will, of course, want to be close to shopping just in case you feel like shopping. The Cosmopolitan is close to the Shops at Crystals and across the street from the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood.
Kick Back and Enjoy Your Freedom Party!
With your trip all planned out there are only a few things left to do, leave the kids with their dad or a grandparent, pack your bag and jump on a plane.
Be sure and order yourself a glass of wine on the plane, because why not? You’re on vacation! And when you get there, enjoy your time, do not stress out about what is going on at home. This is as much about having a mental vacation from life as it is hanging out with friends.
While you are in Las Vegas, put yourself out there so someone can hit on you. This can be just the ego boost a newly divorced woman needs. When you go to the club, don’t stick to the wall instead get out there and dance with some hot guy and give him your number. Or don’t.
Where to Eat & Drink
Do not diet in Las Vegas. The food is too good here for that. Instead, eat dessert for breakfast and wash it down with a cocktail.
- Best Places for Brunch in Las Vegas
- 14 Best Bloody Mary’s in Las Vegas
- 17 Most Instagrammable Foods in Las Vegas
- 16 Crazy Las Vegas Cocktails
And just for fun, you could do party favors like this! My sister was recently gifted one of these drink sleeves during a celebration.
10 Great Ideas for a Bachelor Party in Las Vegas
8 Ways to Host an Amazing Bachelorette Party
Leave A Comment