“This post was sponsored by the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program.
It’s Halloween time again which means everyone is about to eat way too much candy. And if your family is like ours your gonna end up at parties where the kids drink too much soda too. Not only that but as we go into Thanksgiving and Christmas everyone is eating sweets more. Too much sugar causes cavities and that’s why it’s important to take care of your teeth the best you can.
How to Care for Your Teeth and Gums
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day using a soft toothbrush and toothpaste with fluoride for 2 minutes. Regular brushing helps prevent gum disease and tooth loss. (I have to remind my kids every single days to brush their teeth. You would think that after 10 plus years it would have s
- ink water instead of sugary drinks. If your kids takes their lunch to school send them with water instead of juice boxes full of sugar.
- Flossing between your teeth each day keeps your gums healthy and helps remove plaque, a film that forms on teeth that can cause tooth decay.
How to Properly Take Care of Your Toothbrush
- Do not share your toothbrush (Yes, you need to tell your kids they should share their toothbrush!)
- After brushing, rinse your toothbrush with tap water to get rid of toothpaste and debris, allow it to air-dry and store it in an upright position
- Do not routinely cover your toothbrush or store it in closed containers
Metlife Tricare Dental Program: Dental Benefits
Our family has been in the Tricare Dental Program for years and years. We’ve been in the program as active duty military and as National guard. I’ve always been happy with it and the dental plan is widely excepted from what I can tell. (We’ve moved 8 times and I’ve never had an issue finding a provider, even through 3 places we lived were not near a military base.) So far we’ve had them cover part or all of exams, cleanings, x-rays, sealants, cavities, two different types of appliances, wisdom teeth removal, and braces. The dental benefits cover just about anything that arises.
The Tricare Dental Program offers excellent preventive and diagnostic dental care when you visit a network provider.
- Two cleanings and two exams per year, within a consecutive 12-month period, at no cost, when a network dentist is seen.
To enroll: Visit www.tricare.mil/bwe to enroll or www.metlife.com/tricare for additional information, or call 1-855-638-8371 Sunday 6:00 p.m. – Friday 10:00 p.m. (EST) except holidays. You can find out more about MetLife TRICARE Dental Program on the MetLife TDP website, or by following them on Facebook and Twitter.