This post was sponsored by the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central.
Did you know that November is Military Family Appreciation Month? I didn’t know and we’ve been a military family for over 15 years. It’s nice that they have a military family appreciation month. Goodness knows each member in a military family sacrifices a lot. During my families first 11.5 years of military life we moved 8 times. My oldest son has gone to 7 schools and he’s only 14 years old. The military life is not glamorous and to be honest at times it’s been rough.
3 Things They Didn’t Tell me When I Became a Military Spouse
- Nobody told me I would spend half a year, every year (if not more) raising my kids alone.
- Nobody told me that I would struggle to find a job, because no one wants to hire someone that is going to move in a year or two.
- Nobody told me that I would never live near my family again.
Just think though I had a choice in the matter, my kids didn’t. They were born into this lifestyle. They do not know any different, so they don’t necessarily know how much they are sacrificing. As they get older though they know that the other parents aren’t getting deployed every 3rd year. And they know that most of their friends haven’t been to more than one or two schools. They see that most families tend to have grandparents around when they only see their grandparents a few times a year if their lucky.
So, maybe this month you could pick out a military spouse or military child and do something nice for them.
During the month of November and the rest of the year, spouses and childrens dental health can be protected under the TRICARE Dental Program (TDP).
Benefits Available to Military spouses and children under the TDP:
- Two cleanings and two exams per year at no cost, when a network dentist is seen
- Sealants on permanent molars for children through the age of 18, with a 20% cost share
- Orthodontic coverage for children up to the age of 21 (or 23 if a full time student) with a 50% cost share, and a $1,750 Lifetime Maximum Benefit per enrollee
- Space maintainers – fully covered for patients under the age of 19 with no cost share
- Two topical fluoride applications – covered in a consecutive 12-month period at no cost, when a network dentist is seen
- $1,300 Dental Program Annual Maximum per enrollee per plan year
- $1,200 Accidental Annual Maximum per enrollee per plan year
- One Athletic Mouth Guard per consecutive 12-month period, with a 50% cost share
You can find more info about MetLife Tricare Dental Program at: