The A500 a wearable 4k video camera by Panasonic is pretty much my new favorite thing. I mean I’m not Oprah, but I’m thinking I’m gonna start doing a list of my favorite things too. In fact I’ll even give one of these bad boys away! (Details at the bottom.)
Panasonic gave me a Panasonic A500: Point-of-View Wearable 4K Action Cam at conference.
As you can tell from the photo Karen from Desert Chica and I were pretty stoked to receive these.
It took no time at all to figure out how to use it and I’ve already had tons of fun recording the rides we went on while we were at Disney World! I even recorded several pool slides cause it’s waterproof.
When you buy a Panasonic A500: Point-of-View Wearable 4K Action Cam it comes with a head mount and an armband to hold the controller in. Here I am with it on my head. I know what your thinking, I look hot. Well it was 80+ degrees in Orlando, so I was. I am holding up the remote in the photo so you can see it. It is secured in an armband. The arm band is similar to what you wear at the gym to hold your phone while you workout.
4 Reasons I like Wearing a Camera on my Head
Okay, so by now you’ve got to be wondering if it’s a pain in the neck to wear a camera on your head. Well, I don’t know if I am just the laziest person on earth, but I must say I really like it.
- First of all, my arm gets tired of holding up a camera when I am trying to record something for a long period of time. Now I can just sit there and the A500 record whatever I am looking at and my arms feel fine!
- Secondly, as a mom, I tend to have a crap ton of stuff on me and in my hands all the time. Now I at least don’t have to carry the camera in my hand. (Again, I realize how lazy, I sound.)
- Third, I’ve got to be the world’s worst video recorder. Most of my home movies are difficult to watch because I apparently can’t video something without moving to much and holding the camcorder crooked. Well, I am super self conscious when I wear it. I scan slowly. For some reason I am just more aware of being smoother. Granted, this camera has built in image stabilizer to keep the videos level on the go! Hello, life saver!!
- Last but not least instead of blabbing away like usual, I find my self keeping my mouth shut while recording because I am aware that there is a microphone next to my face. I can’t tell you how happy I am not listening to myself ruin our videos!
Some of the cool features:
- Waterproof up to 10 ft.
- Can record in slow motion – It turns out it is super fun to record stuff in slow motion.
- Has built in wifi signal
- Links to a cell phone through wifi
- 4K video resolution
- If you video in 4K then you can grab any part of the video and create a high resolution picture out of it.
- Level shot image stabilizer keeps videos level on the go
- Built-in LCD to see what you’re recording
I found the camera simple to use. In fact, it was so easy my 8 year old already knew how to use it the day after I got it. Here is is going down the slide at the main pool at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort.
Now in case you were wondering they cost $349.
I really liked videoing while we were on roller coasters! You can record the whole ride and you don’t have to worry about dropping your camera.