Tips for Bloggers on how to use and utilize Pinterest.
Pinterest Profile Tips
- Connect you profile to Facebook and Twitter
- Make sure your profile picture is of you, not something random. It is ok to use your brand logo/pict if that is easily recognizable.
- In your profile description, include keywords to describe yourself:
IF you connect your account to twitter, then your twitter description will show up as your profile description and you will need to go in and change it.
Pinterest Boards Tips
- Utilize keywords in the title of the board. For example Travel with Kids, Travel Tips, Family Travel, Recipes, Crockpot Recipes, etc.
- Make sure you’ve selected the most fitting category for all of your boards.
- Add a description to each board. This is the best place to add hashtags. For example #travel #Disney #recipe #dessert
- Make sure the cover photo for each of your boards is the best picture out of all the pins on the board.
- Create a board just for your blog.
Tips for Pins
- It is better to pin vertical photos then horizontal.
- Do not pin tons at once. Instead pin for five minutes here and there throughout the day.
- Add a clear to the point description to every pin. Include hashtags.
- The best times to pin are 2-4 PM EST and 8-1 AM EST
- If you want to repin your pin to multiple boards do it over the course of a week. You do not want to spam someone else’s feed.
- If you have a post you want to pin to multiple places try to use different pictures from the article.
Gain Pinterest Followers
Join ViralWoot a site that helps you gain followers.
- Create a collaborative board or join one relevant to your blog. Try to join one that’s relevant and has a massive following.
- Tweet your pins occasionally, once a day is fine.
- Share on Facebook based on your friends. This works great for a few, but not for the majority.
- Comment on others pins. Others that repin it will see your comment and hopefully will follow you.
- You can buy Pinterest followers. (I have not done this and do not recommend buying followers on any social media channel.)
Pinterest for Your Blog
- Add a Pin It button to all of your posts. The best place for it is with your other social media buttons.
- Add a WordPress plugin that pops up a pin it button when someone hovers over an image on your website. Jquery pin-it button is a good one.
- Verify your website on Pinterest. This option is found under settings.
- If you have an article people would love make sure it has a pinnable graphic! Go back and add photos if you need to.
- If you have a post that needs a pin friendly graphic you can make one on one of these sites.
PicMonkey – Here is a basic PicMonkey tutorial to walk you through getting started!
When you find what has been pinned from your site be sure to