This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ClubTysonTwist
During the holidays I like to keep things as simple as possible, because you know things will get hectic regardless. When I have to take food to a holiday event, I find that buying pre made food items somewhere like Sam’s Club or making an appetizer tends to be easier than a main dish or dessert. And since all my friends and I have kids, I take kid-friendly appetizers.
Here is a super simple salami appetizer. This appetizer only has three ingredients and kids love it.
Simple Salami Appetizer
1 Gallo salami chub
½ cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut salami into even size square pieces. Keep in mind that salami will shrink when cooked.
3. Coat salami with brown sugar and spread out on a baking stone.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until the salami are slightly crispy.
5. Let cool for 5 minutes before taking them off the baking sheet.
6. Serve with honey mustard.
With the left over salami I recommend making a breakfast casserole. This is an easy way to use up any leftover meat. The best part is you can make this casserole ahead of time while you are making the first recipe. The holidays are so crazy this is a great way to save yourself some time.
Salami, Cheese, & Potato Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
•1 bag shredded hash browns
•4 tablespoons butter, melted
•¼ teaspoon salt
•¼ teaspoon pepper
•2 1/2 cups Gallo salami, chopped
•2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or cojack cheese (save ¼ cup of topping)
•1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
2. In a large bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt & pepper
3. Add salami & cheese. Stir well.
4. Spread the mixture into baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and milk
6. Pour evenly over hash brown mixture
7. Top with ¼ cup cheese
8. Baking at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. It’s ready when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Make Ahead – If you like you can make this ahead of time!
1. Mix casserole following instructions. Cover in foil and place in refrigerator overnight. Bake following instructions.