Bend, Oregon is already a great pace to take a family vacation and it just got better for families with the addition of the lavish Tetherow Lodge a family-friendly hotel on the Tetherow Golf Course! Now in between skiing, ice skating, and all the other activities found in Bend you have a place to stay that will accommodate the various needs of a family.
The Rooms at Tetherow Lodge
Each unit features a mud room immediately upon entering with plenty of room for an entire family to hang their coats and discard their ski stuff. With three kids in tow, I found this incredibly helpful.
The living rooms are a nice size with a leather couch that makes into a king size bed. This is a definite plus for those of us with more than two kids. Also in the living area is a large flat screen tv, a desk, and a kitchenette with a tiny microwave, coffee maker, sink, and mini fridge. The coffee they provide is from a local company and it was excellent. The teas were also local and really good.
In the bedroom there were two king beds, a large closet, and another flat screen tv. The bedrooms are huge and you could easily have room for a queen size air mattress.
Their bathrooms feature double sinks and some of the units have bathtubs. The unit we stayed in didn’t have a bathtub, which I thought was a bummer. Kids of certain ages do not like to shower, so be sure if this is the case for your family that you get a unit with a bathtub.
I also saw that some units have patios overlooking the golf course. That would be nice, but I didn’t get one of those units. I got one with no patio and a view of the parking lot. According to Golf Digest Tetherow is the 54th ranked gold course in the U.S.
The property itself is beautiful and everything is brand new. In the evenings they have a massive gas fire pit going. We planned to roast marshmallows one night, but it was brutally cold while we were there.
- Be sure and bring your own stuff marshmallows and roasting sticks if you want to do this. The resort does not have any for guests.
There’s an on-site restaurant near Tetherow Lodge with a bar and views overlooking the golf course. We had breakfast here at the Tetherow Grill one morning and it was really good, but it took a while to order and a while for our food to arrive. They offer traditional breakfast favorites like pancakes and egg scrambles along with uniquely Pacific Northwest fare such as Tetherow Benedict with sautéed leeks and duck confit. They do not have a kids menu, but can do a reduced adult’s plate to accommodate.
I had the Classic Benedict: Served with poached eggs, our creamy hollandaise sauce, Red Hill Natural Canadian bacon and grilled tomato on a lightly toasted English muffin with Yukon hash. It cost $13.
We only had breakfast here, but it looked like they had a pretty great bar. I looked over their extensive cocktail list and it looked exciting.
When we visited there was not a pool or hot tub, but since then they’ve added both. Plus, there are two more restaurants now.
12 Reasons Your Family Will Love Staying at Tetherow
1. UNLIMITED GOLF (when booking a golf package)
2. NEW POOL & HOT TUB (open seasonally)
3. PLENTY OF LARGE TVs in The Row for football viewing
4. BEND IN THE FALL – hiking, biking, fishing & much more
5. COMPLIMENTARY IN-ROOM GUITAR RENTALS
6. UNIQUE HANDCRAFTED COCKTAILS for warm afternoons
7. COZY FIREPLACES for the cool nights
8. COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLES to/from downtown & the Old Mill District
9. EVENTS – Concerts, fitness events & TRX classes available
10. COMPLIMENTARY wifi, parking & electric car charging
11. Only 20 minutes for Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort with a shuttle that will take you and pick you up.
12. Fitness Center with tate-of-the-art cardio machines feature 19-inch touch screens with access to virtual coaching, Netflix, the internet, and television.
61234 Skyline Ranch Road
Bend, OR 97702
See visitcentraloregon.com for more help planning your trip.